One pan & 30 minutes for this Chili Dusted Chicken & Sweet Potato Noodles with Avocado Sauce. Packed with protein, carbs, and healthy fats to make an easy gluten free, paleo, and Whole30 approved dish.
This recipe first appeared on Instagram in partnership with Veggie Noodle Co.
Happy Tuesday! First recipe of the year and it’s a Tuesday! Which means #tacotuesday!! While this isn’t exactly tacos, it has those flavors that remind me of tacos and an avocado sauce. So basically like tacos except in noodle form. You get what I’m throwing down? Perfect.
I recently asked in a survey (if you haven’t filled it out, I would so appreciate it if you did!) what kind of recipes you guys would like to see this year. Lots of y’all said you would like to see easy dinner recipes and recipes under 30 minutes. Well I’m hoping to delivery on that and I’m starting off with this chili dusted chicken with sweet potato noodles & avocado sauce! I honestly didn’t know what to call this so I pretty must just wrote out what was in it ha.
I’m guessing you probably already have most of the ingredients in your pantry at home. If you don’t have a spiralizer, I highly suggest to get one. You can make so many veggies and fruits into fun shaped noodles. To make it easy on myself, I used Veggie Noodle Co. sweet potato spirals. All their noodles are a lifesaver when it comes to quick and healthy eating.
The spicy avocado sauce can be used for so many other things as well – on top of a frittata, on sweet potato toast, as a dressing for salad, a dip for baked plantains, or just smeared on meat (my favorite and easiest way).
I know a lot of people are starting a Whole30 in January so get ready for a bunch recipes that are Whole30 approved! We are going to have some easy recipes, meal prep ideas, and fun ways to help you get through your Whole30. It’s exciting to see everyone make some positive changes in the new year and I’m hoping to help you have the best experience with some easy and tasty recipes.
If you make this recipe or anything from Eat the Gains, make sure to post it and tag me so I can see all of your creations!!
#eatthegains and @eatthegains on Instagram!
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 package Veggie Noodle Co. sweet potato spirals or 2 small sweet potatoes spiralized (300 grams)
- 1 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (150 grams)
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- avocado lime sauce
- optional toppings: cilantro, lime juice, red pepper flakes
- Make the avocado sauce. In a Vitamix or blender, add ingredients for the avocado sauce, blend until smooth, and set aside.
- Make the chicken. In a small bowl mix together the spices. Rub all over the chicken until covered. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add avocado oil and let it get hot, about one minute. Cook 8-10 minutes, flip, and cook another 8-10 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Set aside.
- In the same pan add sweet potato noodles and sauté 3-4 minutes. Turn off heat and add tomatoes and ¼ cup avocado sauce and mix well. Plate with sliced chicken and more sauce if desired. Enjoy!
This post may contains affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!