An easy and healthy breakfast, this Sweet Potato Broccoli Frittata packs veggies, carbs, protein, and healthy fats and is paleo and Whole30 approved!
September means back to school and back to a somewhat normal routine for most. Summer is definitely my favorite season, but I’m ready for fall and a more structured schedule. I’m ready to not travel as much and be home more often doing my regularly scheduled activities – working out, cooking food at home, and just relaxing.
Although, this month is going to be absolutely crazy for me. I was just in Asheville, NC, we are heading to Connecticut this weekend, then I’m in Baltimore, and then we will be in Portugal for 2 weeks. It is going to be insane. With me being gone for a lot of the month and Michael holding down the fort in Austin, I’ve been trying to stock him up with lots of food to have on hand while I’m gone.
Eating vegetables at anytime during the day is easy for me – I just love them and they never get old. On the other hand, Michael is known (yes, I’m calling him out) to not really include that many veggies in his meals unless I am there making/telling him to eat them. Granted he has gotten so much better over the past few years, but there is always room for improvement right?!
That’s where this sweet potato broccoli frittata comes in! I started making this for some meal prep clients because it was so easy and figured I needed to make it for Michael as well. It works great as a grab-n-go breakfast for the weekday, just prep it on Sunday, or you can make it for brunch over the weekend! It’s less than 10 ingredients and I’m sure you already have most of them on hand. I like to top it with some avocado and hot sauce alongside some more veggies (because yes, veggies) for a quick and easy breakfast.
If you make this recipe or anything from Eat the Gains, make sure to post it and tag me so I can see all of your creations!!
Sweet Potato Broccoli Frittata
- 2 small-medium sweet potatoes, shredded* (about 410 grams)
- 5 cups broccoli florets (350 grams/1 large head)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups egg whites
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add oil and let it get hot, about 1 minute. Add shredded sweet potatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broccoli and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl mix together eggs, egg whites, and spices. Add mixture to cast iron and let cook 2-3 minutes until bottom sets. Place pan in the oven and cook for 15-18 minutes until eggs are cooked through.⠀
- Top with toppings of choice and enjoy! Enjoy!
This post may contains affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!
Leave a Rating & Comment