Flavor packed Whole30 and Paleo Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry that’s easy to make, ready in 20 minutes, uses takes one pan, and only calls for 10 ingredients!
We’ve been making this paleo beef & broccoli stir fry since my last Whole30 in April and it’s about time I’ve got it up on the blog! Super easy, flavor packed, and comes together in less than 20 minutes.
And who doesn’t love some classic Chinese food?! While this might not be the real deal you can find in Chinatown, it is pretty dang delicious and isn’t loaded with MSG, strange thickeners, and hidden flours.
Chinese was a staple for us growing up during the cooler months. My mom loves it and once the weather got cold, we would probably get it a couple times a month, either on the weekend or when she didn’t feel like cooking. I never ordered beef & broccoli though – I was more of a sweet & sour chicken kind of girl. I mean it was pretty much chicken nuggets haha.
But Michael loves beef and broccoli and introduced it to me awhile back. While it’s not something I would order out, I love making it at home! It’s packed with protein, veggies, and a savory sauce with a little kick that I want to pour all over everything. And I know exactly what is going into it.
How to make Paleo Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry (Whole30)
This Whole30 & paleo beef & broccoli calls 10 ingredients total. Beef & broccoli are obviously the main ingredients and then you need 7 other ingredients to make the sauce. It makes the whole dish super flavorful while being super easy to make. This is what you need:
- flank steak
- coconut aminos
- sesame seeds
- lime juice
- fresh garlic
- fresh ginger
- red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
I tested this recipe quite a few times and there are some key factors in making the best beef & broccoli. First, whisk together the ingredients for the sauce. Next make sure you cut your beef very thin. I suggest popping it in the freezer for 10 minutes so it is easier to slice.
Then make sure to liberally season your beef with salt and pepper to give it some flavor. Since it is sliced so thin, you only need to cook it for 30 seconds or so per side. Make sure not to overcrowd it – I did mine in a few batches. It will come back in the pan at the end so keep that in mind as well. No one likes overcooked beef.
After you cook the beef and remove it from the pan, you cook the broccoli in the same juices and a little of the sauce. Once that is cooked to your preference, you thicken the sauce. This is where your patience comes in.
You need to let it reduce and simmer for 3-4 minutes. You will be able to tell when you can run a spatula through it and leaves a trail. Finally you add back all the ingredients, give it a good stir, and you have your easy and healthy beef and broccoli!
It takes a few steps, but I promise it’s worth it!
Beef & Broccoli Meal Prep
Beef & broccoli makes great for meal prep. If you have a family of 4 or want leftovers, I would suggest doubling the recipe. Michael and I can eat almost the whole recipe it’s that good.
It saves great as leftovers and makes an easy meal prep dish to prep on the weekends! I love storing it in these compartment meal prep containers with some cauliflower rice or (white rice if you aren’t doing the Whole30) to make an easy balanced meal.
More Easy Paleo Recipes
Paleo Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry (Whole30)
- 1 pound grass fed flank steak, thinly sliced*
- 2 heads broccoli, florets removed (7 cups/465 grams)
- 3/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon spicy sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional toppings: sesame seeds, green onions
- In a small bowl, make the sauce by combining the coconut aminos, lime juice, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Liberally season the sliced steak with salt and pepper. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and let it get hot. Add slices of beef, without overcrowding, and cook 30 seconds per side. Remove from pan and repeat with remaining beef (I had to do this in 3 batches).
- Leave the beef juices in the pan and add chopped broccoli. Add about 2-3 tablespoons of the sauce and cover with a lid. Cook for 3-5 minutes until tender. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add remaining sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer. Reduce to medium low and cook until thickened and coats the back of a spoon, about 3-4 minutes. Add back in beef and broccoli and stir to combine and heated through, about 1 minute. Serve with cauliflower or white rice, top with optional toppings, and enjoy!
This post may contains affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!