No need to go out when all you need is one pan and 30 minutes for the easiest Whole30 Shrimp Fajitas! Serve with cauliflower rice, lettuce, tomato, and avocado for the perfect flavor packed paleo, gluten free, and Whole30 meal!
It you haven’t noticed, I am on a slight Mexican inspired food kick over here. First with this chicken and sweet potato noodles, then some chicken burrito bowls, taco seasoning (which you need for today’s recipe), and now these shrimp fajitas. Maybe it’s my love for hot sauce and avocados. Or that fact that Michael pointed out the other day we haven’t been to Maudie’s since the end of November, our go-to Tex Mex spot in Austin.
True life – our friends probably go once a week to Maudie’s haha!
Fajitas are one of my favorite ways to keep myself on track when eating out. You can’t go wrong with some protein, veggies, and sides like lettuce, tomato, and guacamole. For some reason fajitas are always more expensive than everything else on the menu though! I don’t know if it is because you get your food on a sizzling hot plate or what, but it baffles my mind.
While I usually go for chicken when I’m out (because I’m cheap), we are making shrimp fajitas today! I love seafood and we eat so much of it at home. I feel like I don’t have too many recipes on the blog with it so I’m trying to change that. All you need is one pan and 30 minutes too! Talk about a quick and easy dinner.
I think the hardest part of this recipe is chopping up all the veggies before hand. Once that is done you basically throw everything in the pan in stages and let it do it’s thing. I served it alongside some chopped romaine, diced tomatoes, cauliflower rice, avocado, and lime. You can also serve in lettuce cups/leaves if you want the full on fajita effect. And if you aren’t doing a Whole30, feel free to wrap in your favorite tortillas!
If you make this recipe or anything from Eat the Gains, make sure to post it and tag me so I can see all of your creations!!
#eatthegains and @eatthegains on Instagram!
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 medium bell peppers, julienned (600 grams)
- ½ onion, sliced (200 grams)
- 2 heaping cups mushrooms, sliced (200 grams/12 mushrooms)
- 1½ tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- optional for serving: cauliflower rice, chopped romaine, diced tomatoes, avocado, fresh cilantro, limes
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon avocado oil and let it get hot (about 30 seconds). Add onion and sauté for 5- 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and slightly browned. Add peppers and sauté for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add ½ tablespoon taco seasoning and mix to combine.
- Add in mushrooms and and sauté for another 2 minutes. Push veggies to one side of the pan to make room for the shrimp. Add shrimp and the remaining taco seasoning. Cook for 3-5 minutes, flipping halfway through until pink and cooked through. Mix everything together, add 1 tablespoon lime juice, and mix again. Top with fresh cilantro if you like.
- Serve with sides of choice - cauliflower rice, lettuce, tomato, guacamole, or lettuce cups. Enjoy!
This post may contains affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!