Fire up the grill for these Jalapeño Ranch Turkey Burgers, an easy summer burger recipe that is that gluten free, dairy free, paleo, and Whole30 approved!
Summer is winding down, but I’m not stopping with the grilling recipes. Well actually this might be my last one, but it’s pretty much summer until October here so we will be using our grill in full force. The end of summer is going to be pretty fun for me! We leave on Saturday morning for a quick 2 day trip to the east coast to celebrate one of my best friend’s wedding. We have known each other for over 15 years – which is pretty crazy to think about – and I’m so excited to be able to share this special day with her.
After that, I have two weeks home, I’m doing a CrossFit competition with some friends, and then am heading to Asheville, NC for a handful of days with my family. I wasn’t planning on going with them, but it worked out that I can go now and I’m really pumped. I have heard great things about the city. Then September is even more nuts with travel – I’ll get to that in another post though.
With the next two months being crazy, we are relying on all the easy recipes, like these ranch turkey burgers. I have a confession though. I am not really the biggest fan of ranch. Except for the brief period when I was a kid and that was a solid way for me to eat veggies and salad. I think I had a little too much of it and got sick of it. Then I switched to honey mustard and that has been my to-go since. It is still one of my favorite condiments (if you like it too, check out this spicy one that is bomb!).
But times have changed! I recently discovered Primal Kitchen condiments and have grown to like ranch again! Primal Kitchen ranch is made with avocado oil, egg, and spices – kind of just like you would make homemade mayo + ranch seasonings. You can definitely use homemade ranch if you have that on hand. We did these pretty straight up with a lettuce bun, red onion, tomato, and then more ranch. You definitely are going to want to add more ranch 🙂
If you make this recipe or anything from Eat the Gains, make sure to post it and tag me so I can see all of your creations!!
#eatthegains and @eatthegains on Instagram!
Paleo Jalapeño Ranch Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound lean ground turkey - I used 93/7
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 3-4 tablespoons ranch (depending on preference - I used Primal Kitchen)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional additions: iceberg lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, red onion, fresh chopped parsley, ranch, jalapeño slices
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Mix all ingredients for the burgers in a medium sized bowl. Form into 5 equal patties.
- Once hot, place burgers directly on grill, on indirect heat. Grill for 12-15 minutes, flipping once, until cooked through.
- Serve with optional additions if desired. Enjoy!
Thanks so much Primal Kitchen for providing me with some product and helping make this post possible!
This post may contains affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!