Meal prep Greek Chicken Bowls made with marinaded greek chicken, herby cauliflower rice, greek salad with tomatoes, cucumber, olives, and artichokes, and topped off with tzatziki to make a delicious flavor packed meal for lunch or dinner. A Zoe’s Kitchen copycat recipe with my own twist on it!
This recipe first appeared on Instagram in partnership with Primal Kitchen.
Have you ever had something delicious at a restaurant and then immediately went home and knew you had to recreate it? No? Maybe just food bloggers? Well that is exactly what happened with these Greek chicken bowls!
I recently was introduced to Zoe’s Kitchen by Jessica from Harper & Soul. We met for lunch one day and she recommended I try the cauliflower rice bowl. It was packed with chilled cauliflower rice, house-made tzatziki, Israeli skhug, feta, cucumbers, and fresh dill.
I added some chicken for some protein on mine and it was perfection! Light and refreshing, full of flavor, and so satisfying. So back to my kitchen to make my own version!
I absolutely love getting inspiration from restaurants for recipe ideas. Sometimes it’s crazy combinations that you would never think of, but work so well together. Other times it’s classic combos that are just so simple, but just didn’t cross your mind.
This Greek cauliflower rice bowl was that classic combo that didn’t even cross my mind!
Of course, being the person that I am, I used Zoe’s Kitchen cauliflower rice bowl as inspiration and put my own spin on it. I added an easy veggie Greek salad, used crunchy romaine and my green goddess cauliflower rice as the base, and topped it off with my homemade tzatziki sauce.
This Zoe’s Kitchen copycat recipe is light and refreshing, full of veggies and protein, has some healthy fats and makes an absolutely delicious lunch or dinner and a great option for meal prep!
Greek Chicken Bowls with Cauliflower Rice
Greek chicken bowls with cauliflower rice have a lot of moving parts, but I promise they are easy to make. It also looks like a lot of ingredients, but you can customize them however you want. If you don’t want the tzatziki or don’t have all the veggies, that is totally fine!
This is what you need:
- chicken tenders or whatever kind of chicken you like
- Greek dressing – I used Primal Kitchen
- tzatziki sauce
- green goddess cauliflower rice
- cherry tomatoes
- red onion
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper
First marinate the chicken. To do this, I just add it to a large plastic bag or glass container and pop it in the fridge until I’m ready to cook it. The longer it marinades, the more flavor it will have. I suggest at least an hour, but you can do it up to 24 hours!
When your chicken is done marinading, you can start cooking it and make the remaining components. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the chicken and marinade. Cook for about 10 minutes until chicken is browned and cooked through.
While the chicken cooks, make the tzatziki. I personally love using greek yogurt, but you can use coconut yogurt or any dairy free yogurt as well. After you make the tzatziki, make the greek veggie salad. When the chicken is done, make the cauliflower rice.
Finally, assemble! Divide the romaine, cauliflower rice, chicken, greek salad, and tzatziki between 4 bowls and enjoy!
To save some time on assembly
The beauty of these chicken bowls are a lot of the components can be made ahead of time. Here are a few suggestions to save some time in the kitchen:
- Marinade the chicken for up to 24 hours. Do it the night before you are going to make them and just let it sit all night in the fridge.
- Make the tzatziki a few days in advance. I find the longer it sits, it more flavorful it gets too! Just don’t eat it all before you make the chicken bowls – a problem we’ve had in our house before haha. OR if you don’t want to make your own, buy your favorite store bought kind.
- Make the cauliflower rice a day in advance.
- Make the Greek salad a day in advance.
While you don’t have to do all of this separately, it will save a little time. Although, you will have to allocate other time to make the components. Store each item separately and when you are ready to assemble, just cook the chicken and chop up the romaine. Pull everything out of the fridge and build your bowls to your liking.
This recipe is meant to be eaten cold, so prepping the ingredients in advance makes a super easy assembly for a quick meal. No need to reheat anything!
Meal Prep Greek Chicken Bowls
Mediterranean chicken bowls are great for meal prep. Like I talked about above, the components can sit in the fridge for up to a couple days. Keep all the components separate and then when you are ready to assemble, pull everything out of the fridge and build your bowls for a quick and healthy meal.
We love these meal prep containers and I use them everyday for Michael to take to work. One thing to note is if you aren’t eating them right away, I would keep the tzatziki in a separate container on the side until you are ready to eat.
More Healthy Meal Prep Recipes
Greek Chicken Bowls (Zoe's Kitchen Copycat)
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon Greek dressing - I used Primal Kitchen
- 2 batches green goddess cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup homemade tzatziki sauce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (150 grams)
- 1 heaping cup diced cucumbers (150 grams)
- 1 cup quarted artichokes
- 1/2 cup olives, halved (70 grams)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion (45 grams)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 hearts romaine, chopped (600 grams)
- Marinate the chicken with 1/4 cup Greek dressing for 1-4 hours. You can marinade it for as long as 24 hours if you want to.
- Make the chicken. In a large sauté pan, add chicken and marinade and cook for 10 minutes, flipping once halfway though, until cooked through and no pink remains. Remove from pan and set aside to cool. Slice into bite size pieces when cooled.
- When the chicken is done, make the double batch of cauliflower rice according to directions. You can make it all at once in the same pan.
- While the chicken cooks, make the tzatziki according to the directions and set aside.
- While the chicken cooks, make the Greek salad. Add the tomatoes, cucumber, articokes, olives, and red onion to a small bowl. Add 1 tablespoon Greek dressing, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste and mix to combine.
- Assemble the bowls by dividng all the chopped romaine, chicken, greek salad, and caulfilower rice. Top with tzatziki and enjoy!!
This post may contains affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!