These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins are made in a blender and are high protein & low carb, gluten free, and less than 120 calories.
Check out the video to see how easy they come together!
It’s officially starting to feel like fall here in Austin! Wahoo!! I love how the mornings are cooler when you wake up. It feels so refreshing to get up and not be instantly sweating when you walk outside. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want it to get too cold, but a break from the summer heat is nice.
I used to hate fall growing up because I knew winter was just around the corner. It was nice for like 3 weeks and then all the sudden freezing. Now that we have been in Austin awhile, it is super nice for a change in the temperature from the summer.
And you have quite a while till it actually gets cold and it’s no comparison to the northeast. You can actually do things outside and not be a miserable b*tch..or maybe that was just me? The freezing cold isn’t a good look for me. Trust me on that one.
So since it is feeling like fall and all, you know what that means…PUMPKIN!! As if you haven’t already seen one million recipes from other food bloggers with pumpkin in them, I figured I would throw some more your way. On top of the ones I have already posted ha. Like these pancakes and energy balls.
And there will probably more to come.
These pumpkin chocolate chip protein muffins (say that 5 times fast) are super easy to make. Just throw everything into a Vitamix, blender, or food processor (minus the chocolate chips), process, fold in the chips, and voila. They are also packed with protein. I used Greek yogurt and whey protein, but feel free to substitute for a protein of your liking. If you don’t eat gluten, feel free to use gluten free oats. I feel like the recipe is pretty forgiving and making a few changes will still produce delicious results!
Make sure to check out the video at the top of the page to see how easy this recipe comes together!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats (80 grams)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (244 grams)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (227 grams - I used Siggis 0%)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 scoops natural or vanilla flavored protein powder (~47 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips - I used Enjoy Life brand
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the pumpkin, Greek yogurt, eggs, protein powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda and blend again until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Distribute into 12 silicon muffin liners (or regular muffin liners that are greased).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
**nutrition information is based on using whey protein.
This recipe was previously posted and was updated this year with a video and photography!
This post may contain affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!