This one pan Chicken Asparagus & Mushrooms skillet with creamy lemon garlic sauce comes together in under 30 minutes for an easy and healthy paleo, Whole30, and gluten free meal. Perfect for a quick weeknight or meal prep!
Asparagus brings me back to my childhood and summer time. I grew up outside of Philadelphia and my dad worked in New Jersey. Some people like to think New Jersey as the armpit of the United States. Honestly I don’t even know how that makes sense or where it comes from. But to me New Jersey in the summer meant lots of delicious produce coming into our house. One of those being asparagus (along with tomatoes, corn, blueberries, and probably some other stuff I can’t remember).
My dad would pick up some from the local farms and would bring it home. And by some, I mean a lot. Like 16 pounds worth, no joke. We would have it for days and days, but somehow I don’t think I ever got tired of it. Usually my mom would just sautéed some up with whatever else we were having for dinner.
I look back now and am thankful that my parents raised me on a lot of fresh, local, and seasonal produce. Back then I wouldn’t have even know the difference, but now it is something that I strive for. So thanks mom and dad!
This chicken asparagus & mushrooms skillet comes together really fast – like one pan and 30 minutes fast. To save time, roast your garlic ahead of time (which is what I did). I even made mine a few days ahead of time and just left it tightly wrapped in the tinfoil in the fridge. That way once you want to make the dish all you need to do is make the sauce and sauté the meat and veggies.
It makes a quick and easy weeknight dinner or you can even whip it up for meal prep. I served it with some cauliflower rice to keep it paleo and Whole30 approved (I’m currently on my 3rd Whole30), but it would go great with some pasta, rice, quinoa, or whatever floats your boat. If you like it really saucy, double the sauce!! Can never go wrong with more sauce!
If you make this recipe or anything from Eat the Gains, make sure to post it and tag me so I can see all of your creations!!
#eatthegains and @eatthegains on Instagram!
One Pan Chicken Asparagus & Mushrooms with Creamy Lemon Garlic Sauce
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 bunch asparagus (280 grams)
- 10 large mushrooms (220 grams)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, for topping
- Make the sauce. Add all ingredients for the sauce into a cup and use an immersion blender, or use a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat and add in olive oil. Let oil get hot, about 30 seconds and then add in diced chicken. Cook for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally, until browned on the outside. The chicken will continue to cook as you add in the other veggies
- Add in the asparagus and sauté for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until asparagus is tender. Add mushrooms and sauté for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn heat to low and add in sauce. Mix until well incorporated and warmed through, about 1-2 minutes. Top with fresh parsley and enjoy!
This recipe was previously posted and was updated this year with new photography!
This post may contains affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!