The best crispy Rosemary Garlic Air Fryer Potatoes! You only need 35 minutes, 5 ingredients, and 1 tablespoon of oil for a delicious and healthy side dish! They come out perfectly crispy every time and are so much better for you than your typical deep-fried versions. Vegan, paleo, Whole30 approved, and gluten-free.
Last updated on March 26, 2020.
Raise your hand if you got a new kitchen appliance over the holidays! 🙋🏻♀️ I got an air fryer and have been loving it! So today I’m bringing you a new easy side dish – air fryer potatoes!!
By far, potatoes are the best thing to cook in an air fryer. Perfectly cooked, golden brown and crispy on the outside, and soft and fluffy in the middle. Making them in the oven is no comparison and making potatoes in the air fryer is actually liked getting them at your favorite restaurant, but skipping the deep fried part.
Let’s get right to the question everyone is wondering – how do you like your air fryer? To be 100% honest, I was skeptical at first. How could it be so much different from an oven. Well, it is.
As much as I don’t think you need a million kitchen appliances to make healthy and delicious meals, having an air fryer has made my life much easier.
From my own experience, it cooks a lot faster and you don’t need as much oil to get the same results. I’ve made everything in there from meatballs, wings, salmon, pork chops, veggies, french fries, cookies (yep!), stuffed dates, and more. After playing around with it, I will say that my opinion changed and I love it!
How to make Rosemary Garlic Air Fryer Potatoes
These rosemary potatoes comes together in about 35 minutes from start to finish with only a handful of basic ingredients. It’s a lot faster than using your oven and they come out perfect every time!
Here is what you need:
- fresh rosemary
- garlic powder
First start off by prepping your potatoes. Rinse and dry them and them into 1/2-1 inches pieces. Then add them to a large bowl along with the rest of the ingredients and mix well to combine. Place in your air fryer basket. Close drawer and set at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
You can pile the potatoes on top of each other and it doesn’t matter – they will still come our crispy and won’t steam.
Halfway through, pause and shake up the basket to make sure they are evenly cooking. I suggest doing this over the sink to minimize clean up.
Resume cooking and once done, sprinkle with some more rosemary and a little salt before serving. Make sure to open the drawer of the air fryer once done or they can steam in there.
These rosemary garlic potatoes go with just about any meal and can be eaten at breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Are air fryer potatoes healthy?
Making potatoes in the air fryer is a great healthy alternative to your typical deep fried potatoes. They are a lot lower in fat as they require a lot less oil to cook. One serving of these is only 187 calories with 2.5 grams of fat, while you typical serving of deep fried potatoes can have close to 400 calories and 18 grams of fat.
How to reheat potatoes
If you have leftovers, allow the to cool completely (so no moisture forms) and store them in an air tight glass container in the fridge for up to a week. To heat them up you can put them back in the air fryer for 5-8 minutes, toast them in a pan with a little oil, or use the microwave.
Substitutions for this recipe
Here are a few substitutions to change up the flavor profile of air fryer roasted potatoes. I love using what I have on hand as they always come out so good!
- potatoes – I love using starchy potatoes as I find the texture is so creamy once cooked, but you can use any kind of potatoes you like (russet, Yukon gold, sweet potato, baby potatoes…). Just make sure to chop in uniform pieces.
- herbs – if you don’t have fresh rosemary, you can use dried (about 1/2 tablespoon), or you can use whatever fresh herbs you like. If they are more delicate (parsley, chives, dill…), I would wait until the potatoes cook and garnish the potatoes rather than cook with them.
- spices – change out the garlic for whatever you like. Cumin, paprika, and chili powder are also great, just make sure to adjust the fresh herbs depending on what you are using. Check out these roasted breakfast potatoes for a spice idea.
What to serve with air fryer potatoes
These crispy rosemary potatoes are so versatile and can be used in so many different ways. Here are a few of my favorite ways:
- as an appetizer – they make a great party dish
- with any protein (fish, chicken, beef, or pork) and veggie for a complete meal
- in a power bowl with your favorite veggies, protein, and dressing
- alongside eggs and veggies for breakfast
These potatoes are also great for meal prep. Make a batch in the beginning of the week and use them for breakfast or lunch throughout the week for an easy side!
More healthy air fryer recipes
Rosemary Garlic Air Fryer Potatoes
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Add potatoes to your air fryer basket, close the drawer, and set to 400 degrees for 30* minutes. About halfway through, pause and remove basket. Shake well to mix up the potatoes (it's best to do this over the sink). Place basket back in the air fryer and resume cooking. Once done, sprinkle with more rosemary and salt for serving. Make sure to open the drawer of the air fryer once done or they can steam in there if left too long. Enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!