Step up your brussels sprouts game with this salad! A quick and easy recipe, this Apple & Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad makes a delicious side dish packed with veggies, fruit, and nuts with a creamy balsamic dressing. It comes together in less than 10 minutes and is vegan, paleo, and Whole30 approved!
Spring is finally in the air!! Can I get a HELL YES!?! I don’t know about you, but man I was in the funk this winter. I felt tired all the time and just unmotivated. I don’t know if it was just the weather or what, but man I am finally starting to feel back to normal. The sun has been shining, the days are getting longer, and everything feels better.
With the change of the seasons and weather, my body is craving all the veggies and lighter foods. Even more so than it normally does, which is a lot haha. As much as I love roasted brussels sprouts, I wanted to do something a little different this time around. So along came this idea of apple & brussels sprouts salad.
To make it more fun, I shaved the brussels sprouts. If you have no idea what I am taking about, it is really quite simple. All you need to do is add them in your food processor with the larger shredding attachment and viola, shaved brussels sprouts. It puts a fun twist on them and is perfect for a salad!
You can also buy them pre-shredded if you don’t have a food processor, but I highly suggest getting one as there are so many things you can do with them in the kitchen.
The rest of the salad making is pretty easy and you only need a few staple ingredients. I added fresh apple for a little sweetness and toasted some almonds for some crunch. Toasting them is optional, but it adds a great earthiness and flavor depth to them.
To make the dressing, just mix up the ingredients. The creaminess comes from the addition of tahini – one of my favorite condiments (is it considered a condiment?!). My favorite brand of tahini is Soom – if you are looking to try it, use this link to save 10%.
This salad makes a great side for just about any occasion. You can eat it as is or top it with some protein (meat or non) for a complete meal. And it makes a pretty big batch and saves well for meal prep! I made it two times in the past couple weeks and it was perfect side for a quick and easy lunch or add to whatever protein we were having for dinner.
Apple & Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Creamy Balsamic
Apple & Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, stems removed
- 2 medium red apples, diced (300 grams)
- 1/2 cup almonds, cut in half/sliced
- optional toppings: sesame seeds
- Toast the almonds. In a nonstick sauté pan over medium-low heat, add almonds and toast for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and fragrant. Make sure to stir so they do not burn. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Make the dressing. Add all ingredients to a small bowl or jar and mix until combined. Add more water if you would like a thinner consistency. Set aside.
- Shred the brussels sprouts. Run through your food processor with the larger shredding attachment. Add to a large bowl with the apples and almonds. Mix in dressing and stir to combine. Top with sesame seeds if using and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I appreciate your support!