This one pan Sweet Potato & Asparagus Frittata with Artichokes & Goat Cheese packs protein, carbs, and healthy fats. Perfect for brunch, meal prep, or a balanced post-workout meal. Gluten free, vegetarian, and paleo and Whole30 friendly.
Frittatas are an easy way to impress people. They look so pretty and put together, but really you just cook a bunch of things in a pan, add some eggs, and bake. To make it even easier, you can also make the veggies ahead of time and then just heat them up in the pan over the stove, add the eggs once the pan is hot, and plop it in the oven.
If you are hosting a brunch or thinking about what to serve for Easter, frittatas are great for allowing you to socialize with your guests too!
Frittatas also make great for meal prep. Whip one up on Sunday and you have an easy breakfast all week. I tried to make this one as balanced as possible. It has carbs from the sweet potatoes and veggies, protein from the eggs, and healthy fats from the eggs and goat cheese. You will also get some vitamins and minerals from sweet potatoes, asparagus, and artichokes. The combo of the sweet potato and eggs make it perfect for a post-workout meal as well.
This sweet potato & asparagus frittata is probably my new favorite. I actually tested this recipe with just asparagus and sweet potatoes for Michael to have to take to the airport, but it needed something more. He suggested to add artichoke hearts, which was brilliant! Weird though because I don’t think the guy would ever voluntarily eat them, but whatever it worked! I then decided it needed something creamy. Goat cheese to the rescue.
The goat cheese is not necessary and you can leave it off to make this frittata paleo and Whole30 friendly, but if you eat cheese I would say 100% to add it. It brings it to the next level.
I’ve been topping with some avocado and hot sauce for a little spice. We can’t get enough of this frittata in our house right now! It is definitely going to be on our weekly rotation!
If you make this recipe or anything from Eat the Gains, make sure to post it and tag me so I can see all of your creations!!
#eatthegains and @eatthegains on Instagram!
Sweet Potato & Asparagus Frittata with Artichokes & Goat Cheese
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed (4 cups/530 grams)
- 1 bunch asparagus, roughly chopped (3 cups/340 grams)
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichokes hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder, divided
- 12 large eggs
- 3 ounces goat cheese (omit for paleo and Whole30)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional garnishes: avocado, fresh cilantro, hot sauce...
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add 1 tablespoon avocado oil to a large cast iron skillet, or oven safe dish, and heat over medium heat. Once pan is hot, add sweet potatoes and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add remaining avocado oil and add asparagus, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Sauté for 6-7 minutes until asparagus are al dente. Add artichoke hearts to cast iron and stir to incorporate.
- While the asparagus cooks, whisk the eggs and remaining garlic powder and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add egg mixture, making sure it distributes evenly. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Let cook for 2-3 minutes until bottom sets. Place in oven and cook for 18-20 minutes until eggs are firm. Cut into 8 pieces and serve with avocado, cilantro, and hot sauce if desired. Enjoy!
This recipe was previously posted and was updated this year with new photography!
This post contains affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I appreciate your support!