An easy and nutrient packed breakfast, this Beet & Smoked Salmon Frittata calls for one pan, less than 30 minutes, and is paleo, Whole30, and dairy free!
This recipe first appeared on Instagram in partnership with Love Beets.
How is it already over half way through April?! I swear it was just mid March and we were celebrating St. Patrick’s Day and attending SXSW. This time of the year is perfect in Austin. The weather is in the mid-80s and it is perfect for doing all things outside. We gotta take advantage of it before the summer hits and the real heat starts to roll in.
Mid-April actually holds a special place in my heart. Three years ago is when Michael and I packed up all our stuff, drove halfway across the country, and started a new life in Austin. Just last week we celebrated exactly 3 years here. We celebrated the same way we did the first night we got here – walked down the street and got pizza and beer. It is crazy how we have already been here 3 years. It has been such a fun journey so far, with a lot of ups and downs, and I can’t wait to see what the future holds for us next.
Enough about me, let’s talk about this recipe. I have been on a serious beet kick lately. I add them to my breakfast with eggs, in my salads for lunch, and eat them with my pre-workout sometimes. I especially love the Love Beets brand since they already come cooked, peeled, and ready to go. We got them a Costco for a great price. I’ve also been on a smoked salmon kick and figured why not combine them with some more veggies into an easy breakfast.
And that’s how this beet & smoked salmon frittata was born. Pretty much me just combining some of my favorite foods into one, like most of my recipes haha. This frittata only calls for one pan and can be made in under 30 minutes. It makes for the perfect Sunday brunch, but also keeps great for the week for an easy on-the-go option for the morning. Meal prep that guy on Sunday and you are set for the week. It also makes one pretty plate of food if I do say so myself 🙂
I made this recipe over on Instagram a few weeks ago and figured I would share it with you guys as well!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups diced mushrooms
- 4 cups packed kale, roughly chopped
- 1 package (8.8oz) organic Love Beets, sliced
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, sliced
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups egg whites
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.⠀
- Heat a large cast iron over medium heat. Add oil and let it get hot (about 1 minute). Add mushrooms and kale and sauté until soft, stirring occasionally, about 3-5 minutes. Layer on sliced beets and smoked salmon (no need to stir).⠀
- In a medium bowl mix together eggs, egg whites, and spices. Add mixture to cast iron and let cook 2-3 minutes until bottom sets. Place pan in the oven and cook for 15-18 minutes until eggs are cooked through.⠀
- Top with toppings of choice and enjoy!
What are some of your favorite foods you are enjoying lately?
This recipe first appeared on Instagram in partnership with Love Beets. This post is not sponsored or endorsed by Love Beets. All opinions (as always) are my own.