These Southwest Shrimp Zucchini Noodles are an easy and light summer dish packed with protein and seasonal vegetables.
This post is sponsored by my friends at Simply Organic Spices & Mambo Sprouts #OrganicMoments
I’m back from a week of vacation on the east coast and in need of all the veggies! I had so so so much fun at my friend’s bachelorette party and just hanging with my family at the beach for a handful of days. And I definitely enjoyed myself – hello pasta, ice cream, and alcohol – but I wouldn’t change it. Life is about balance and I would rather enjoy myself hanging out with my family that I don’t get to see too often then stress about the food I was eating.
That being said, I am ready to get back to my normal eating habits and daily gym time. Included in my normal eating habits is a crap ton of veggies. I think I eat the most vegetables out of everyone that I know. This time of year is my favorite too because it is perfect for fresh produce. I used corn, tomatoes, and zucchini in these shrimp zucchini noodles, which are all in season right now.
Instead of buying a bunch of different seasonings, I used Simply Organic Southwest Seasoning to do all the work. It combines paprika, garlic, cumin, chipotle pepper, and lemon peel resulting in a smoky and spicy flavor. It pairs perfectly with the shrimp, tomatoes, corn, and avocado. I used it both in the dressing for the zucchini noodles and to season the shrimp.
This dish comes together in 15 minutes. You can eat it right away or let it sit in the fridge for a few hours – all the ingredients soak up the dressing and makes it so flavorful. A lot of people ask me about eating raw zucchini and I love it. It is so neutral and just absorbs the flavors around it. I’m thinking this would be a hit for a summer BBQ or to prep on Sunday and have throughout the week for an easy, light, and satisfying lunch!
If you make this recipe or anything from Eat the Gains, make sure to post it and tag me so I can see all of your creations!!
#eatthegains and @eatthegains on Instagram!
- 3 large zucchini, spiralized (835 grams)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (300 grams)
- 2 ears of corn, kernels removed (260 grams)
- ½ tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic Southwest Seasoning, divided
- 1 large avocado, cubed (200 grams)
- optional toppings: fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Southwest Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl add spiralized zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and corn and mix well until combined. Add avocado and lightly mix, trying not to smash the avocado. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients for the dressing. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat and add avocado oil. Once hot (about 30 seconds), add shrimp, sprinkle with ½ tablespoon Simply Organic Southwest Seasoning, and let cook for 2-3 minutes on one side. Flip them over, sprinkle with remaining seasoning, and cook for another minute until firm.
- Add shrimp and dressing and lightly mix. Top with fresh cilantro if using.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Simply Organics and Mambo Sprouts. All opinions expressed (as always) are my own. I only partner with brands I trust and personally recommend – thank you for your support in helping make Eat the Gains possible!
This post may contains affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!