This Pumpkin Pie Milkshake only has 6 ingredients and satisfies your craving for pumpkin pie, without all the baking! Made with vanilla ice cream, pumpkin puree, coconut milk, and spices, it comes together in 5 minutes and tastes just like pumpkin pie! Vegan and dairy-free!
It’s that time of year again – hello to all things PUMPKIN!
Summer has my heart all the way, but I always get excited about fall and the cozy recipes. But, the problem is, when you live in the south, the weather doesn’t get cooler until mid-October or November.
Well, this pumpkin pie milkshake is the best of both worlds! And it makes the perfect easy dessert.
Whether you just want a creamy milkshake or you have no idea how to bake a pumpkin pie (aka me!), this will satisfy your craving for one! All you need is a few basic ingredients, and no actual pumpkin pie is needed!
While I love dairy-filled ice cream at times, sometimes they don’t agree with me, so I wanted to keep this one a little healthier. Not that there is anything wrong with dairy, but I really enjoy the flavor of dairy-free coconut milk in ice cream and it pairs so well with pumpkin.
Coconut milk ice cream is lower in sugar than your typical ice cream since coconut is naturally sweet. I didn’t find the need to add any additional sweeteners as the combo of coconut milk, pumpkin, and vanilla are just perfect. But if want something a little sweeter, you could definitely add some maple syrup, honey, or a date.
For a little extra oomph, top it with some whipped cream, granola, cinnamon, or even graham crackers.
How to make a pumpkin milkshake
Milkshakes seem like the kind of thing you only get when you are at an ice cream parlor or at a fast-food restaurant, but they are actually pretty easy to make at home. All you need is a blender and a handful of basic ingredients.
I kept this pumpkin spice milkshake dairy-free and used a coconut milk-based ice cream (NadaMoo! is my favorite), but you can use any kind you like.
Pumpkin pie milkshake ingredients:
- vanilla ice cream (dairy or dairy-free)
- canned pumpkin puree
- lite coconut milk
- pumpkin pie spice
- vanilla extract
It really can’t be easier than this – simply place all the ingredients into a high-powered blender (I love my Vitamix) and blend it up until smooth!
Depending on the consistency you like, you can either add more liquid for a thinner consistency or less liquid for a thicker consistency. I personally like a thicker consistency, so there isn’t that much liquid in this pumpkin milkshake recipe.
This recipe does make two small milkshakes or one large. I find the smaller serving satisfies my sweet tooth and I don’t need too much. But, if you have a crowd of people or want two large milkshakes, you can easily double or triple the recipe without any problems.
Substitutions or additions for a pumpkin pie milkshake
Homemade milkshakes are the best because you can add whatever you like to them! You can customize this milkshake to your liking and use what you have on hand. Here are some easy substitutions:
- ice cream – you can use dairy or non-dairy ice cream
- pumpkin puree – you can also use the flesh of a freshly baked pumpkin
- coconut milk – if you want it creamier, you can use full-fat coconut milk. You can also use any dairy or non-dairy milk
Here are a few things that would be great additions to this recipe:
- add some protein – vanilla protein powder would be a great addition to add some protein to this healthy dessert
- make it boozy – all about the addition of some bourbon in this!
- nuts – pecans or walnuts would be delicious and add some nuttiness
- graham crackers or granola – would add a crust-like flavor to the mix!
- sweetener – if you want it a little sweeter, you can add honey, maple syrup, or a date
More healthy pumpkin recipes:
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal with Cranberries
- Pumpkin Pie Butter
- Protein Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Energy Balls
- Pumpkin Protein Bars
- Paleo Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins
Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
- Add all the ingredients to a Vitamix or high-powered blender. Blend until smooth and well combined, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Top with toppings or enjoy as is!
This post may contain affiliate links and I may make a little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!