A grab-n-go breakfast, snack, or pre-workout, these Peanut Butter & Jelly Stuffed Oatmeal Cups are easy to make, vegan, and only a handful of ingredients.
Holy moly this weekend was fun! I celebrated my 28th birthday on Saturday and we for sure celebrated! Saturday morning started off with a WOD at CrossFit. I programmed one last year for my bday and we did the same one this year. I recapped it yesterday. Then we went to Le Garage sale, which is where local boutiques and name brand companies come together and discount a bunch of their clothing and goods. I snagged a few new clothes. That night we went to Uchiko and it was ahhh-ma-zing! Everything was delicious and the service was incredible. The flavor combinations they put together are mind blowing. It is pricey, but I highly recommend it if you are ever in Austin. After that we met up with a few friends for some more drinks.
Michael surprised me with breakfast on Sunday morning. He went out and grabbed some breakfast tacos from a place down the street. Then we headed down to Rainey Street and met up with some friends and day drank. I definitely had quite a few drinks. The night ended with us eating the best pizza (Via 313!) and cake (that my friend made me) at our friends house. I definitely felt the love.
This weekend was definitely indulgent for me. I don’t think I have drank that much since going to Cabo last year. But having snacks like these oatmeal cups will help keep me on track this week. I can have them for an easy breakfast when I need to wake up at 5am, pack them in my lunch for an afternoon snack, or I have really been enjoying eating them as a pre-workout snack. They pack healthy carbs, a little protein, and healthy fats.
These PB&J oatmeal cups would also be perfect for the kiddos. Pack them in their lunch or make them for an easy after school snack. After school snack time was my favorite growing up. And I’m pretty sure all kids love PB&J!
- 2 cups rolled oats*
- 2 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups unsweetened cashew milk
- ¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
- ¼ berry chia jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a muffin tin with coconut oil or use silicone muffin liners.
- Mix together oats, flax seeds, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and cashew milk in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of oat mixture to each silicone muffin liner. Next add one teaspoon peanut butter, followed by 1 teaspoon jam to each muffin. Top with the remaining oat mixture (about 1 heaping tablespoon). Sprinkle with more cinnamon if desired.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
What are some of your go-to healthy snacks?