These super easy Paleo Holiday Green Beans come together in less than 15 minutes and make the perfect side to your main course – paleo, vegan, and Whole30 approved too!
It’s almost Thanksgiving and I have a serious question for you!
Team turkey or team side dish?!?
I know, I know. Such a hard question right haha. I think I’m team side. While a Thanksgiving turkey is so good and you don’t get to enjoy it much (why does it only happen like once a year), the sides are where it’s at. Mashed potatoes, green beans, cranberry sauce, stuffing (not my fav, but people like it), brussel sprouts…the list can go on and on.
So if you are team side like me and looking for some new ones to change it up, I have the perfect one for you! While I don’t think I was ever a huge fan of green bean casserole (and neither was my mom, so we didn’t really make it), we usually always had some kind of green beans on the table. Most of the time they were just sautéed with some garlic, olive oil, maybe some balsamic or tomatoes.
I wanted to step those up a notch and make them really holiday themed! I mean it is only Thanksgiving and Christmas once a year haha! Queue the addition of cranberries and pecans and boom – holiday on plate. These holiday green beans are super simple to make – they come together in less than 15 minutes – so you can focus on the 20 other things you are cooking. They are also paleo, vegan, and Whole30 approved if you are looking to keep it a little cleaner – or maybe just want to save room for 2 pieces of pumpkin pie 😉
If you need some more sides check out my 3 ingredient cranberry sauce, tahini whipped sweet potatoes, cinnamon roasted delicata squash, or these ginger & balsamic roasted brussels!
If you make this recipe or anything from Eat the Gains, make sure to post it and tag me so I can see all of your creations!!
#eatthegains and @eatthegains on Instagram!
Easy Paleo Holiday Green Beans
- 1 pound green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup pecans - I cut some of mine in half
- lemon zest
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add avocado oil and let it get hot, about 30 seconds.
- Add green beans and sauté for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened. Add cranberries and lemon juice and stir to combine. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until cranberries are soften and slightly broken down. Stir in ginger, cinnamon, and salt and pepper and cook for another minute. Turn off heat and stir in pecan pieces.
- Top with lemon zest and enjoy!
This post may contains affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!
Leave a Rating & Comment