These Ginger & Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranates are an easy & healthy side dish that are just as festive as the holiday season.
Does everyone have their Christmas meal planned out? My family is coming to Austin this year (yay!!) and I was just talking to my mom last night about the meals we are gonna have for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. We always do the 7 fishes for Christmas Eve, so that doesn’t need any planning. But then she asked me what I had planned for Christmas dinner. Uhhh…crickets.
I mean I am hosting my family and I haven’t even thought of that! What a bad host I am. Luckily we still have two weeks to get that sorted out. I’m guessing we will have some kind of red meat since we are doing the 7 fishes the night before. Anyone have good recipes they recommend? I love a good main dish, but usually I am all about the sides.
So I will start planning those with you right now. I know for sure that these ginger & balsamic roasted brussels sprouts will be on the menu. I mean look how pretty they are, they are made for Christmas dinner! All you need to do is toss the brussels with some oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, ginger, and salt and pepper and then roast! The hardest part about this recipe is getting the pomegranates arils out. That job always takes me like a solid 15 minutes. Sounds like I should recruit my sister or my boyfriend ha.
You guys have another other good ideas for me to make this year? I am thinking maybe these roasted sweet potatoes & beet stacks, tahini whipped sweet potatoes, or this squash soup. Or this butternut squash dish! I completely forgot about it until someone made it the other day and left a comment. I love when you guys make my recipes and leave nice comments about it!
So as of right now, it looks like our Christmas meal is gonna be made up of bunch of side dishes.
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, stemmed removed and cut in half
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- salt and pepper
- lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix balsamic vinegar, coconut oil, ginger, lemon juice, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Place brussels in a large bowl. Add balsamic mixture and stir until combined. Place on baking sheets, spreading them out evenly, and roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Place in a serving bowl and add pomegranates and lemon zest. Mix well.
Let me know!
What are some of the recipes you have planned for the holidays?
Any must make recipes I should try?