Paleo, Whole30, approved, & protein packed, this Tuna Bruschetta on Sweet Potato Toast makes easy, healthy, and crowd pleasing appetizer or snack!
The flavors of summer + a quick and easy protein + sweet potato toast = tuna bruschetta! On vacation the other week we had this amazing bruschetta with gorgonzola, fresh peaches, prosciutto, and a balsamic glaze on fresh toasted bread. It got me thinking how much I love the flavors of a classic bruschetta and how you can really put your own spin on it with any food combos.
You guys know I’m a lover of tuna fish. I eat it probably 3 times a week for a quick and delicious lunch. Some days it’s straight form the can (read more times than not) and other days I’m lucky and make a delicious meal of it. You just can’t beat the ease and convenience of it on busy (and lazy) days.
I recently got the opportunity to meet the founder of Safe Catch at Paleo f(x) and fell in love with the product. Not only does it taste amazing, but they are the only brand of tuna to individually test every fish for mercury. Their Elite line has the lowest mercury level of any brand and is a great option for kids, athletes, and even pregnant women. All the nutrients, omega-3s, and minerals are retained in their packing and cooking process. This is so important to me since I eat it so often.
What is even more fun is they just came out with a line of a bunch of new flavors. I personally love plain tuna but I know a lot of folks don’t. They made it easy for you and already mixed their tuna with avocado oil, herbs, and spices for flavors like Citrus Pepper, Chili Lime, Garlic Herb, Tandoori, Cajun, and Habanero Mint. They are all paleo and most of them are even Whole30 approved!
If you are wanting to step up your tuna game, try them out – you can use the code ‘eatthegains’ for 10% off your order!
PS – shout out to my mom for helping me come up with this recipe idea! You da real MVP!
If you make this recipe or anything from Eat the Gains, make sure to post it and tag me so I can see all of your creations!!
#eatthegains and @eatthegains on Instagram!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut lengthwise into into ¼ inch slices (about 720 grams)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cans Garlic Herb Safe Catch Tuna
- 2½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered (about 375 grams)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup packed basil, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional: lemon zest for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place sliced sweet potato in a medium bowl. Mix with 1 teaspoon olive oil, making sure the sweet potato gets evenly coated. Spread out evenly on baking sheets, making sure not to touch and bake for 20 mins, flip, and bake for 10 more minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
- While the sweet potato bakes, makes the bruschetta. Mix together the tuna (make sure NOT to drain it), cherry tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
- Once sweet potatoes are done, let cool for a few minutes and then evenly distribute bruschetta mixture among toast. Top with lemon zest if using.
This post is sponsored in partnership with Safe Catch Foods. All opinions expressed (as always) are my own. I only partner with brands I trust and personally recommend – thank you for your support in helping make Eat the Gains possible!
This post may contains affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!