An easy and flavorful protein, these Cast Iron Ginger Lime Chicken Thighs will make the perfect accompaniment to any meal – gluten free, dairy free, paleo, & Whole30 approved!
Hi there! Long time no talk. If you noticed, I was MIA from the blog last week. I had originally planned on posting, but I just decided to take the week off since I was in Portugal. It honestly felt great to give myself a little break from the constant hustle of owning your own business. But I’m back and ready to give you all the recipes!
I first made these chicken thighs months ago for some meal prep people. They turned out great so I made them a few more times, took some pictures, and was waiting for a rainy day to share them with you. Well now is the perfect time, as it pours rain outside, and I am just back from almost 3 weeks away and zero food in the house.
To be honest, I have never been a fan of chicken thighs. I always thought they were too fatty. My dad used to make them growing up and I would always request the breasts. Our good friends here make them a lot and always say how they are far superior over the chicken breast. Well I finally caved and started playing around with finding a good way to make them and I hit the nail on the head. I could eat these chicken thighs every dang day.
I’m going to give all the credit to the marinate. It is super simple, but packs all the flavor, and is only a handful of ingredients. Another key is also the searing on the cast iron – it gives a little crispiness to the chicken skin before it finishes baking in the oven. It makes a huge batch so they are perfect for some meal prep and reuse throughout the week. We pair them with all the things for an easy dinner!
If you make this recipe or anything from Eat the Gains, make sure to post it and tag me so I can see all of your creations!!
#eatthegains and @eatthegains on Instagram!
Cast Iron Ginger Lime Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 5 limes)
- 1-1.5 inches fresh ginger
- 1/8 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1.5 pounds chicken thighs (boneless & skinless, about 8 thighs)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or avocado oil
- optional: fresh cilantro for topping
- Make the marinade. Place all ingredients into a Vitamix or high powered blender and blend until smooth. Add marinade and chicken to a large ziplock bag. Mix well to coat the chicken, making sure all sides get covered (I like to shake the bag). Marinate a minimum of 2 hours to overnight, shaking/stirring once.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat a large cast iron over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and let it get hot, about 2-3 minutes. Place chicken thighs in hot pan (meaty side facing down), cover with 1/4 of the marinade and cook for 2-3 minutes until browned. Flip, add 1/4 more of the marinade, and cook for 2-3 more minutes. While the chicken cooks, use a spoon to bast the chicken with the marinade. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add to a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes until cooked through. You can also bake some in the cast iron skillet.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy!
This post may contains affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!
Leave a Rating & Comment