These Curry Salmon Cakes come together in 15 minutes and make the prefect quick & healthy meal or meal prep dish, and are paleo and Whole30 approved.
Not gonna like, canned tuna and salmon are a staple in our diets. They make a quick, easy, and healthy option for lunch that is loaded with protein, heathy fats, and omega 3s. And I love the taste. Fresh fish is my jam, but that isn’t the most cost effective, so we do canned a lot for lunches.
As much as I love throwing it with a bunch of veggies in a bomb ass salad, I wanted to change it up one day and I figured making a salmon cake would be a fun twist on the typical crab cake. I made these for one of my clients that I meal prep for and she loved them. So I figured I would bring them to y’all so you can enjoy too!
You only need a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand at your house. Just mix it all up in a bowl, form the patties, and bake for 10 minutes. You can also pan fry these with oil in a hot pan and they will get a pretty golden brown with crispy edges. I just find that baking them is a lot easier and you can make a big batch that way.
I paired these salmon cakes with some sautéed kale and my tahini whipped sweet potatoes and topped them with some natural Kokonut Yogurt. I’m also thinking topping them with avocado would be delicious. They keep really well so make a batch and have them on hand for an easy protein during the week!
- 2 (6 ounce) cans wild caught salmon, drained
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- avocado oil
- optional toppings: kokonut yogurt, avocado, fresh herbs...
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add all ingredients. Mix to incorporate all ingredients together, making sure salmon is broken up.
- Using a ¼ cup as a scoop, scoop out mixture and form into patties. Mixture should make 6 patties.
- Spray the parchment paper with avocado oil. Place patties on sheet and spray with avocado oil. This is not necessary, but helps gets them golden brown. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Top with optional toppings.
Are you a fan of canned fish?
What are some of the ways you eat it?
If you make this recipe or anything from Eat the Gains, make sure to post it and tag me so I can see all of your creations!!
#eatthegains and @eatthegains on Instagram!