These paleo & gluten free Honey Rosemary Roasted Cashews are just 4 ingredients and make an easy appetizer, snack, or homemade present for the holidays.
Do you guys have any food traditions in your family that you do year after year? Things that you have to make for it to really feel like the holidays?
While ours have dwindled over the years, there is still 3 things my mom makes every year that are a must. Homemade fudge, antipasta dip, and nuts. We just call them nuts, but I think the actual name for the recipe is Swedish nuts – pretty much just a bunch of butter and sugar coated all over mixed nuts and roasted until they are crispy. They are so so good.
While I do love that recipe and will hopefully put it up on the blog for y’all in the future (probably making some healthy modifications haha), I wanted to make my own spin on them. I figured you can’t go wrong with rosemary this time of the year and used honey to help make them a little sweet. The combo turned out to be more than just good…
Do you ever make something that when you taste it you are like holy shit that is amazing?! Like I could eat this whole pan right now good. That is exactly what happened when I made these. The honey & rosemary combo is insane. And by cooking it over the stovetop for a bit, the rosemary infuses the coconut and honey and makes almost like a caramel consistency. Then you bake it and after it cools it becomes crispy and the nuts stick together in clusters. I died.
And the clusters are the best part, hands down.
I roasted cashews for this recipe since they are so neutral in flavor. Sunshine Nut Co. was kind enough to send me some and if you haven’t heard of their company, you definitely need to check them out. They are committed to bringing lasting economic transformation to one of the poorest countries in the world – they grow, roast, and package their cashews in country (Mozambique, Africa), employ primarily adult orphans, and donate 90% of their disturbed profits back to the community. I recommend reading their full story since it is so inspiring.
These cashews make a great holiday snack, appetizer for a party, or even a homemade gift for friends and family! Cheers to the holidays starting!
If you make this recipe or anything from Eat the Gains, make sure to post it and tag me so I can see all of your creations!!
#eatthegains and @eatthegains on Instagram!
Honey Rosemary Roasted Cashews
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat (the lowest your stove goes), add coconut oil. Allow it to melt until it is liquid, about 30 seconds. Add honey and whisk to combine. Continue to whisk for about 1-2 minutes and let it come to a slow simmer.
- Add rosemary and stir to combine. It should sound like it is frying some, but you want to make sure it doesn't burn (you may need to remove the pan from heat). Whisk for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant and well combined.
- Turn off the heat and add cashews to the pan. Thoroughly mix to make sure every cashew is coated. Spread out evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, stirring once halfway though.
- Let cool for 10 minutes so honey mixture hardens and some nuts stick together. Add salt if desired.
Thanks so much Sunshine Nut Co. for providing me with some product and helping make this post possible!
This post may contains affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!