No bake and 30 minutes to make, these Peanut Butter Caramel Popcorn Balls are the perfect holiday snack. No added sweetener, vegan, and gluten free!
‘Tis the season for all the treats!! I haven’t really overindulged on holiday goodies yet, but my family gets here tomorrow and my mom is bringing lots of treats. She made homemade fudge, sugared nuts, and nutrolls. Pretty much just all sugar and butter, but oh so good. Then there is my dad who is candy connoisseur. Literally all he gets for Christmas is candy. So there is going to be an assortment of treats going on.
I’m down for some indulging here and there, but too much sugar doesn’t make me feel my best. I can feel my body getting addicted and I just want more and more! It is pretty crazy. So with the all the treats around the house, I wanted to have some that I can snack on and feel good about too. I already have this peppermint coconut bark stashed in the freezer, but I like a little variety.
And that is where these guys come in. No Bake Peanut Butter Caramel Popcorn Balls. That is a mouthful, but I really didn’t know how else to describe them. Some people associate the holidays with those huge tins of flavored popcorn. I know we used to get them from some family member or a close friend. I can’t remember who exactly. We would get the variety of regular, cheese, and caramel. The caramel was (and still is) my absolute favorite. Not sure if anyone ever liked the plain. I wanted to make a healthy spin on my beloved caramel corn.
These no bake popcorn balls are made from a handful of ingredients and only sweetened with dates. They come together in 30 minutes and most of that time is them sitting in the fridge. Less time baking, more time spent with family and snacking! I used Pipcorn since they are smaller and that means you get more popcorn per cup! Their popcorn is all natural, gluten free, non-gmo, vegan, and whole grain. You might have seen the company on Shark Tank!
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and enjoys the time with their loved ones. Cherish the craziness that is the holidays because it only comes once a year and even though it can be a little stressful at times, it’s those moments that you will look back on.
- ⅛ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 dates, pitted and halved
- ⅛ cup peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups Pipcorn, Truffle flavor
- ½ cup halved peanuts
- sea salt, to taste
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the almond milk, coconut oil, and dates. Cook for about 5 minutes or until dates are soft and broken down. Place mixture along with peanut butter, cinnamon, and a pinch of sea salt in a high powered blender and blend until broken down and fairly smooth, about 3 minutes. It’s okay if there is still a little texture to it.
- In a medium bowl, combine Pipcorn, peanuts, and peanut butter caramel mixture. Mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a ⅛ cup, scoop out mixture, packing down into the cup, and place on the parchment paper. Repeat until mixture is gone. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until hardened. Sprinkle with more cinnamon and sea salt. Enjoy!
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve. They will soften and not stick together as well the longer they sit out.
Thanks so much Pipcorn for sending me some product and helping make this post possible!
What is your favorite flavor of popcorn?
Have you ever tried Pipcorn?