An easy no bake snack bar, these Peanut Butter Apple Bars come together in less than 15 minutes and are free of gluten, grains, and added sweetener!
Move over pumpkin, apples are here! We all know people go bat sh*t crazy for pumpkin everything once September hits. It’s like we completely forget about summer and all we want is fall, pumpkin, sweaters, and boots. Fall is nice for all those things, but I love summer and it will always be my favorite. And lets not forget that after fall is winter. One of the reasons I moved away from the Northeast is because of the winters. Nobody wants to deal with that freezing cold nonsense.
I don’t want to get too ahead of myself though. The main point of that little rant is that people completely forget about the other produce that comes into season with fall. Like apples! Since they are available all year round, I don’t think anyone really notices or cares, but you can see (they are huge!!) and taste the difference.
One thing I do miss about the Northeast is going apple picking. Pretty sure there are no apple farms around Austin, at least not any that I had heard of. If you know of any though, let me know! Apple picking holds a special place in my heart. We would go occasionally when I was younger and Michael and I have gone as well. We all know the best part about going to the apple farms is getting the apple cider donuts though. The best. If you have never had one, find an apple farm and go get some fresh donuts!
These bars combine two classic ingredients, apple and peanut butter. The bottom layer is composed of dates, nuts, and coconut oil. You then layer it with peanut butter (crunchy is my fav!) and then top that with sautéed apples and cinnamon. That’s it! Seven ingredients make these peanut butter apple bars that are perfect for snacking, pre-workout, or an after dinner treat. Even the kiddos would be down for these!
No Bake Peanut Butter Apple Bars
- 2 cups medjool dates, pitted (about 15)
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup all natural crunchy peanut butter
- 2 large apples, thinly sliced
- sea salt, to taste
- coconut oil, for greasing
- Grease an 8x8 inch glass baking dish with coconut oil.
- Add dates, walnuts, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and a pinch to sea salt to a food processor. Pulse until broken down and evenly combined, but some texture still remains, about 1 minute.
- Press the date mixture into the bottom of the greased baking dish forming a single layer. Next add the peanut butter, spreading evenly over the date mixture.
- Heat a medium sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add 2 teaspoons coconut oil and let it get hot, about 30 seconds. Add sliced apple and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are softened slightly, but still have some firmness. Add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch of sea salt and stir to combine.
- Layer the apples on top the the peanut butter. Place in the fridge for 5 minutes to let set.
- Cut into 9-12 bars and enjoy!
What are some of your favorite things about fall?
Pin for later!
Leave a Rating & Comment