30 minutes to make the most deliciously creamy flavorful soup! This Creamy Curry Cauliflower Butternut Squash Soup is packed with veggies and is made in the Instant Pot so it really can’t be any easier! Perfect for an easy weeknight dinner or for meal prep, and it’s vegan, paleo, gluten and dairy free, and Whole30!
Is it too late for soup season? If so, I don’t care cause this soup is the bomb. And so is the Instant Pot. To be honest, when I first started using my Instant Pot I wasn’t that impressed. It took awhile to heat up and then you had to wait for it to release the pressure. I thought it was instant per the name! Well a few months have gone by and the tides have turned and I’m definitely digging it. It makes cooking so much easier!
Think of the instant pot like a slow cooker, but faster. And you can do multiple things in it. For this soup I used the sauté function to brown the onions and sauté the ginger and garlic to help pump up the flavor. After those get toasty, you mix in the cauliflower and butternut squash and pretty much just dump the rest of the ingredients and use the manual pressure and let it do it’s thing. Then you just have to add some lime juice, blend it up (I love my immersion blender), and it’s done
I’ve made this soup a few times and it’s been a hit each time. The first time it needed a little tweaking and then the second time it came out perfect. Michael and I were huge fans the second go around and he is usually picky about these kinds of things. I just made it for my parents this past week and they loved it too.
It makes a decent amount so it is perfect for a handful of people at dinner or for meal prep! I prep it on Sunday and it keeps throughout the week. I usually add some cooked meat right into it for a little boost of protein (ground beef or chicken is my favorite). I’ve also mixed in some collagen as a post workout meal. The protein is definitely not needed though as it is great by itself. I recommend adding some toppings like fresh cilantro, hot sauce, and coconut yogurt!
If you make this recipe or anything from Eat the Gains, make sure to post it and tag me so I can see all of your creations!!
#eatthegains and @eatthegains on Instagram!
Instant Pot Creamy Curry Cauliflower Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 cup diced yellow onion (1/3 of a large one/100 grams)
- 5 heaping cups cubed butternut squash (1 medium/775 grams))
- 4 1/2 cups cauliflower florets (1 small head/525 grams)
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional toppings: coconut yogurt, jalapeno, cilantro, hot sauce, cashews...
- Set Instant Pot to sauté mode. Add avocado oil and onion and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Add butternut squash and cauliflower and for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add vegetable broth, lite coconut milk, curry powder, curry pate, and salt and pepper and stir to incorporate. Close lid, make sure vent it closed, and set to manual mode on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- When soup is done, release pressure or let it release naturally. Add 1 tablespoon lime juice. Take an immersion blender and blend until smooth. You can also transfer to a blender or food processor to blend.
- Top with optional toppings and enjoy!
This post may contains affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!