This Roasted Tomato Quinoa Salad screams summer. It is light, flavorful, and easy to make, perfect for BBQs, pool parties, and picnics.
Roasted tomatoes = life. Okay, that was a little bold. But they are soo good. If you read my write up on tomatoes, you got the gist that I love tomatoes.
You know what else I love. Working for amazing people in an industry you enjoy. Since quitting my corporate job almost a year ago (holy crap has it been that long?!), there has been some ups and downs. Yesterday was an assuring day that I am absolutely in the right place right now.
My boss at Crush wanted to say thank you for the hard work that I have been doing and just gave me the company credit card to buy new running shoes. I mean what?!? I have been wanting new shoes for MONTHS. I finally just told the bf to get me a pair for my upcoming birthday. Now he has to think of something else..jokes on him!
From my personal experience, things like that would never happen in the corporate world. If anything they would take you out for lunch. I love food and all, especially if it is free, but new running shoes are so much better. This is something that I can actually use day in and day out. And they last longer than a random lunch.
Back to the salad and roasted tomatoes though. Roasting the tomatoes adds a sweet and juiciness to elevate this salad. Thing is, roasting tomatoes takes all but 30 seconds to prepare and it looks like you did so much more work. Simply just toss in some olive oil on a pan in a hot oven and let me be. After 20 minutes you have tomato candy. I seriously told the boyfriend these are like eating candy. He didn’t really agree with that one…
I paired the tomatoes with quinoa for some plant based protein, cucumbers and red onion for some crunch, and goat cheese for some creaminess. I don’t do dairy that often, but goat cheese doesn’t seem to affect my stomach. And goat cheese is legit the best and you can’t go wrong with adding it just about anything.
Roasted Tomato Quinoa Salad
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss tomatoes in olive oil and salt and pepper. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake until they are slightly soft and burst, about 15-20 minutes.
- While the tomatoes bake prepare the quinoa according to the package. The tomatoes and quinoa should be done around the same time.
- Prepare the dressing while you wait. Place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Add cooked quinoa, cucumber, red onion, roasted tomatoes, goat cheese, salt and pepper, and dressing to a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to a week. Enjoy!
Do you like roasted tomatoes? Ever receive an awesome gift from your boss?
Leave a Rating & Comment