3 ingredients is all you need for these Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Meatballs! A super easy, healthy, and delicious paleo, Whole30, and gluten free dish or appetizer perfect for the whole family.
It’s the Tuesday after Labor Day and that means queue the fall recipes. While it probably doesn’t feel like summer just yet, or maybe not even near if you are in Austin like me, the fall vibes have begun. Football has started, pumpkin is about to make it’s debut, and I’m craving some comfort foods.
It’s also September and that means a big group of Whole30 is starting. After the summer it’s a great time to reset and get backing into the swing of things. I won’t be participating this month as I did a Whole30 a few months ago and am feeling pretty great in my food freedom at the moment. We also have some wedding stuff going on this month – cake tasting and my bachelorette later this month – which I plan to enjoy to the fullest. I will be sharing a bunch of Whole30 recipes for you guys though and first up are these Instant Pot BBQ chicken meatballs!
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Meatballs (Paleo/Whole30)
The beauty of these BBQ chicken meatballs is all you need is 3 ingredients. Yep, that’s right. Plus some salt and pepper, but I’m not really counting that. What you need:
- ground chicken (I used ground chicken thighs)
- BBQ sauce – I love Tessamae’s
- coconut flour
- salt and pepper
To make the meatballs, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and form into balls. Add them to your instant pot and cook on the poultry setting for 10 minutes. You can eat them as is, or make the sauce to coat them (which I recommend). To make the sauce, you just add more BBQ sauce to the pot and place on sauté for 5 minutes to thicken it up some. And that is about how easy as it gets.
These instant pot BBQ chicken meatballs make an easy protein for dinner or meal prep. With minimal ingredients and minimal time to make them, they can quickly become a staple in your house. We’ve been eating them paired with some greens, roasted veggies, and some kind of carb, but they would be awesome with zucchini or sweet potato noodles. They can even be served as an appetizer for parties or football season!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM EAT THE GAINS, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!!
#EATTHEGAINS AND @EATTHEGAINS ON INSTAGRAM!
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken (I used chicken thighs)
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce*
- 3 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add chicken, 1/4 cup BBQ sauce, coconut flour, and salt and pepper. Mix together until well combined. Using a tablespoon as a scoop, roll into balls. Should make about 16-18.
- Take 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce and spread it out on the bottom of your Instant Pot. Add meatballs, spreading out evenly. Close lid, make sure vent is set to sealed, and set to poultry mode for 10 minutes. Manually release pressure when done.
- Remove meatballs and add remaining BBQ sauce to the pan, mixing it in with the liquid from the meatballs. Set to sauté mode and sauté for 5 minutes until thickened. Add meatballs back in and mix with sauce. Serve as you wish.
This post may contains affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!