Happy 2016! Hope everyone had a fun time over the holidays. I traveled back east to be with my boyfriend’s family and my family. It was a lot of fun, but I am definitely ready to get back to normal and my routine. I just wanted to write down some of my personal and blog resolutions for 2016 to help keep me accountable. So let’s get to it….
Personal New Year’s Resolutions:
- Try a new recipe once a week. I have so many cookbooks and see so many recipes online that I want to try, but it gets hard when you are trying to create recipes to post. So I’m gonna try to make one new recipe once a week for some variety.
- Drink more water. I have been slacking lately with drinking water. I am going to try to start every morning with at least 12-20 ounces of water before I do anything (except maybe pee).
- Run a half marathon in the 1:30s. I just completed my 2nd half in the beginning of December. I finished in 1:40. I really want to try to get into the 1:30s this year.
- Volunteer. Ever since my boyfriend and I moved to Austin, we have been saying we want to volunteer. I actually want to take action on this and start giving back to this amazing city.
- BE MORE POSITIVE!!! Sometimes I can get really annoyed with dumb stuff. I really want to try to just brush that kind of stuff off and look at the bright side. This goes for things around the house, work, blogging, and even working out and eating. I tend to beat myself up sometimes if I don’t get in a good workout or eat some non-healthy things. I just need to forget about it and move on. Everything works out in the end.
Eat the Gains New Year’s Resolutions:
- Create a following for ETG. It would be amazing to have an actual following. I don’t really care how small it is, but I would like people to return to the site and follow along with the content I post.
- Set a schedule for posting. I want to find a schedule for posts and stick with it, instead of just posting whenever I have time (which doesn’t seem like often). Hopefully at least one recipe and one workout a week.
- Understand blogging. I would like to understand some of the in and outs/behind the scenes of blogging. Right now I just post when I can. I don’t really follow how many people visit my site or know when is the most popular time to post. I would like understand SEO, bounce rate, google analytics, and other things related to the backend of blogging.
Okay, well that is it! Time to make things happen!
Do you have any goals or resolutions for 2016? Let me know and we can keep each other accountable!