Vegan & No-Bake Carrot Cake Protein Bars only need 10 simple ingredients, 10 minutes, and a food processor. Made with dates, raisins, carrots, walnuts, cinnamon, and protein powder and then topped with a protein icing! These no-bake protein bars are packed with protein, some veggies, healthy fats, and carbs for a healthy treat! Gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan!
You guys answered and I’m delivering! Back in February I asked on Instagram if you wanted more healthy desserts and over 80% of you said yes! And what is better than vegan no bake carrot cake protein bars for a healthy dessert?!
Not much in my opinion 🥕🍰😋
Spring is in the air and I couldn’t be more excited! I live for the warmer weather. It just makes me feel alive and so happy. I’m sure I will regret saying that when we are in the thick of summer in Austin in a few months and it’s 100+ degrees out, but for now I’m going with it.
For some reason carrots just scream spring. It is probably the whole Easter bunny thing, but I feel like they pop up more and more in the spring, along with the fall.
With Easter and Passover coming up this weekend, I figured these carrot cake bars would be the perfect healthy snack or dessert to bring along with you. And our oven is currently out of commission, so a no bake bar was the only way!
How to make Vegan No Bake Carrot Cake Protein Bars
These bars come together in under 10 minutes and you only need 10 ingredients. Packed with protein, some veggies, healthy fats, and carbs, and then topped with a protein icing for the ultimate healthy dessert. No turning on the oven and all you need is a food processor or high powered blender. Here is what you need:
- protein powder – I used Ka’Chava Vanilla
- almond milk
- coconut oil
First start off by adding your dates and raisins to your food processor to break them down. Then add in your walnuts, protein powder, 2 tablespoons of almond milk, cinnamon, allspice, and salt and pulse until combined. The mixture will look really fine and almost like a flour with a little chunks it in. Don’t worry, it will come together.
Next add in the carrots and blend until evenly combined, about 30 seconds or so. The mixture will now have come together, with still some chunks/texture in it. You want a texture that is sticky and will hold together when you press it together. Line a small 7×5 glass dish with parchment paper and press mixture into the bottom in a single layer.
Then you make the protein icing! Optional, but carrot cake deserves some icing! If you haven’t tried making icing from protein powder, you must. I have no idea how to make real icing and this is so easy to make and is delicious. Mix the remaining protein powder with almond milk and a little coconut oil, cinnamon, and vanilla. Once combined, it has the consistency of icing!
Spread it on top of the carrot cake bars and place in the fridge to set. I like to have them set for a few hours, but if you are impatient or don’t have time, they should be good to eat right away.
It really can’t be easier than that! Especially if you are like me and love to bake, but you might not be that good at it. These no carrot cake bake protein bars are only 112 calories with 4 grams of protein and only 5 grams of fat in each one! Each one has 15 grams of carbohydrates per servings, with 3 grams of fiber.
We’ve been enjoying them as a midday snack, after dinner dessert, or even a pre-workout since they have some fast acting carbs (sugar), a little protein, and healthy fats. Either way, you can’t go wrong and they will be a hit with the whole family!
Substitutions for Vegan Carrot Cake Bars
Here are few substitutions that would work. I haven’t tried them all, so just a fair warning:
- protein powder – I have only tried this recipe using Ka’Chava Chocolate Protein Powder. While I think another kind of vegan protein (probably even whey) would work, I can’t be certain. Ka’Chava has a thicker consistency which helps bind the ingredients together. It also makes a delicious icing. I love and use the vanilla and chocolate on the regular! If you are looking to try it, use this link to save 15% off your first order.
- nuts – you can use a different kind of nut if you can’t have walnuts. I think cashews or almonds would be great!
- dates and raisins – instead of using 1/2 a cup of each, I am pretty certain you could use a whole cup of either one. If using all raisins, you will need to make sure they are broken down so the batter will be a little sticky so the bars will form.
- milk – any kind of non dairy milk will work!
More No Bake Protein Bars/Balls
No Bake Carrot Cake Protein Bars
No Bake Carrot Cake Protein Bars
- Place the dates and raisins in a food processor or high speed blender and pulse a few times until broken down into pieces. Add walnuts, protein powder, almond milk, cinnamon, allspice, and salt and blend until combined. Mixture will look very dry and crumbly. Add carrots and pulse until evenly combined (but still some texture remains). It should be a little sticky when touched. If needed, add a little bit more liquid to help it come together (it will depend on how juicy your dates were).
- Line a 7x5 glass baking dish with parchment paper and add mixture. Press dough firmly into dish with your hands until dough is evenly distributed. Set aside.
- Make the icing. Add all ingredients into a small bowl and mix until well combined. Using a spatula, spread evenly over bars. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Place in the fridge to let set for 10-15 minutes. Cut into 12 bite size pieces and enjoy!
This post may contains affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!