The best crispy Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts Recipe! Tossed with oil, honey, garlic, ginger, and coconut aminos and cooked in the air fryer until perfectly crispy. A great addition to any meal! Paleo, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
Hello to the BEST air fryer brussel sprouts!
This recipe was inspired by the crispy brussel sprouts at Uchiko here in Austin. If you have tried them, you know! They are perfectly crispy and oh so delicious. I am assuming they are fried there, so I wanted to make a healthier spin on them.
These crispy brussel sprouts are tossed with a little bit of oil, coconut aminos, honey, and spices which gives them tons of flavor. Then cooked in the air fryer until perfectly crispy. You won’t want to make them any other way after trying them! They make a perfect side dish for any meal and are paleo, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
Why I love my air fryer
If you follow me on Instagram, you know we absolutely love our air fryer. We have been using our air fryer since 2018 and it makes an appearance probably 4-5 times a week! And here is why:
- You can get super crispy food – due to the technology of the air fryer and the way the air flows, it helps get food super crispy on the outside. No need for deep frying.
- You don’t need to use a lot of oil – to get that crispy texture, foods are usually cooked in a lot of oil or deep-fried. I find you only need a tablespoon or two of oil in the air fryer, which makes recipes a lot healthier.
- It cooks things faster than your convection oven – I find that it cooks things faster than in our oven and with better results!
- The versatility – you can do so many things with it! Our favorite is probably potatoes, but these brussel sprouts are right up there. You can do pork chops, chicken wings, salmon, any kind of veggies, and even homemade chips!
I have a Philips Air Fryer XXL and love it. While it is large, it holds a lot of food, and we eat a lot of food. It has multiple settings, is easy to clean, and easy to store.
It is a little pricer than other ones I have seen, but with it being so large and how well it works, I think it is worth it. There are plenty of different models and options out there to find one that best fits your needs.
How to make the best air fryer brussel sprouts recipe
This air fryer brussel sprouts recipe is sweet, savory, and so easy to make! They are perfectly crispy, a little sweet thanks to honey, and ready in about 20-25 minutes total. Cooking brussel sprouts in the air fryer will be your new go-to!
Crispy air fryer brussel sprouts ingredients:
- brussel sprouts
- coconut aminos
- garlic powder
- ground ginger
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
First, trim your brussel sprouts by cutting off the stem. Then slice them in half length-wise. If you have really large brussel spouts, you can cut them in fourths. Add them to a large mixing bowl.
Next, mix your ingredients for the sauce together. In a small bowl, add the oil, coconut aminos, honey, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Then pour the sauce over the brussel sprouts and mix well. You really want to make sure they all have an even coating on them.
Then add them to your air fryer basket. Make sure if there is any remaining sauce in the bottom of the bowl to pour it on the brussel sprouts (use a spatula to scrape it all out!).
Spread them out evenly in your air fryer basket. It is okay if some are on top or overlapping. Set to 400 degrees for 10 minutes. At the 10-minute mark, remove the basket and shake well. Continue to cook for another 6-8 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Do I need to preheat my air fryer?
No, I have never preheated my air fryer for anything and find you don’t need to as it is just a waste of energy. It will get hot enough without preheating.
How long to cook brussel sprouts in the air fryer
I found the best cooking time to make brussel sprouts in the air fryer is 16-18 minutes at 400 degrees. I suggest pausing around the 10-minute mark, shaking, and then cooking for another 5 or so minutes. Add more time if needed.
Cooking time will slightly vary depending on the size of your brussel sprouts.
How to reheat air fryer brussel sprouts
If you have leftovers, allow them to cool completely (so no moisture forms) and store them in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to a week. To heat them up you can put them back in the air fryer for 4-6 minutes, toast them in a pan with a little oil, or use the microwave.
Tips for the best air fryer brussel sprouts:
- Try to get similar in size brussel sprouts. I like to get smaller to medium size ones as I they tend to cook faster and get super crispy. Larger ones will work, you might just need to cook them a little longer
- Cut them into uniform pieces. This goes back to having them in a similar size, but to ensure even cooking, make sure they are cut evenly.
- Full coat them with the sauce. The honey and coconut aminos cook up nicely and give them a good crisp.
- Shake them around a few times. I like to pause the air fryer around the 10-minute mark to remove the basket and shake them up. That way it helps them get an even airflow. I usually pause them with a few minutes left and do the same.
Additions or substitutions
Here are a few substitutions to change up the flavor profile of air fryer brussel sprouts. I love using what I have on hand as they always come out so good!
- oil – you can use any neutral-tasting oil like coconut oil or light olive oil.
- coconut aminos – soy sauce or tamari will work instead, it will just change the flavor a bit. If using soy sauce, the recipe will not be gluten-free.
- honey – maple syrup should work instead.
- spices – feel free to change up the spices according to your liking. Things like onion powder or curry powder would be good substitutes. I wouldn’t try anything southwestern like chili powder or taco seasoning.
Can you double this recipe?
Yes, this air fryer brussel sprouts recipe can easily be doubled. First, make sure you have a big enough air fryer. You still want enough room for air to flow. I can easily fit 2 pounds of brussel sprouts in my Philips Air Fryer XXL.
When doubling the recipe, they will take around 25-30 minutes to cook. It could be a little shorter or longer depending on the size of your brussel sprouts as well too. I like to pause the machine around the 15 and 25 minute mark to shake them up, and then add on time from there depending on how they look.
More air fryer recipes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- Easy Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Rosemary Garlic Air Fryer Potatoes
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- 1 pound brussel sprouts
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablepsoon honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional toppings: sesame seeds, green onion
- Trim your brussel sprouts by cutting off the stem. Then slice them in half length-wise. If you have really large brussel spouts, you can cut them in fourths. Add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix your ingredients for the sauce together. In a small bowl, add the oil, coconut aminos, honey, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Then pour the sauce over the brussel sprouts and mix well. You really want to make sure they all have an even coating on them. Add brussel sprouts to your air fryer basket. If there is any remaining sauce in the bottom of the bowl, make sure to pour it on them (I suggest using a spatula).
- Spread them out evenly in your air fryer basket. It is okay if some are on top or overlapping. Set to 400 degrees for 10 minutes. At the 10-minute mark, remove the basket and shake well (best to do it over the sink). Continue to cook for another 6-8 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Top with optional topping if you like and enjoy!
This post may contain affiliate links and I may make a little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products through the links. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!
Leave a Rating & Comment