An easy one pan meal that is ready is 30 minutes! This Whole30 Shrimp & Butternut Squash Noodles with Curry Peanut Sauce is loaded with protein, veggies, and flavor!
This recipe first appeared on Instagram in partnership with Cece’s Noodle Co.
Happy 2019!! I hope you guys had a fun and safe night! It’s around noon on the 31st as I’m writing this and I have no idea what we are doing tonight! Last year we didn’t decide till like 7pm and went to a party, but now that we have Cashew, we can’t just up and leave on a whim. So even though I have no clue to what we are doing for New Year’s Eve, I do know that a delicious meal (duh) and some champagne will be happening.
Speaking of delicious meals, I asked you guys on Instagram and in this survey what you wanted to see this year, and so many of you want easy one pan/30 minutes or less/simple and delicious meals. So we are starting off strong with this one pan Whole30 shrimp & butternut squash noodles with curry peanut sauce!
I’m pretty much obsessed with curry. I don’t know when it happened, maybe like 5-6 years ago, but I freakin love it. It is so warm and comforting, usually has a good spicy kick, and packs in tons of flavor. You can have it in a couple different ways too – as a traditional curry or just using those same spices and incorporating into different dishes, which is what I did here. I took all those flavors I love and turned it into a Whole30 one pan meal loaded with butternut squash noodles, shrimp, broccoli, peppers, and a creamy sauce to top it off!
How to make Whole30 Shrimp & Butternut Squash Noodles with Curry Peanut Sauce
This curry shrimp and butternut squash dish comes together in about 20 minutes and is packed with protein, veggies, and healthy fats. I used prepackaged butternut squash noodles, but you can definitely make them yourself if you have a spiralizer. Getting a butternut through the spiralizer I have is no fun, but more props to you if you can. Either way you do it, it is super easy to whip up. This is what you need:
- shrimp (or you can sub your protein of choice)
- butternut squash noodles
- bell peppers
- coconut aminos
- sunbutter (sunflower seed butter or any nut butter)
- curry paste
- lime juice
- salt & pepper
First start off by making the sauce and setting it aside. Then you cook the shrimp until they are cooked through. Remove from your pan and add the broccoli, then peppers, and then the noodles and some garlic and ginger. Add the sauce and the shrimp back in and you have a delicious Whole30 and paleo meal in about 20-25 minutes.
I love making this for a quick dinner recipe, but the leftovers are great for the next day/week. Meal prep in the beginning of the week to have on hand for quick lunches. Since it’s made in one pan, you get all those flavors and as it sits, it only gets better. Store it in some glass containers and you are set for the week!
Can I use a different kind of Vegetable/Pasta?
If you don’t have or like butternut squash noodles, you can definitely sub a different kind of noodles. I think sweet potatoes noodles would be the best substitute, but you could also just zucchini noodles (you just might have to adjust the cooking time some).
If you are not doing a Whole30, you can sub in your pasta of choice. You would need to cook it in a separate pan, but then just add it in like you would the butternut noodles.
What if I don’t have Sunflower Seed Butter?
If you can’t find sunflower seed butter, feel free to sub in any kind of nut butter! Almond or cashew would work great here, just make sure they are somewhat runny so the sauce is pourable.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM EAT THE GAINS, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!!
#EATTHEGAINS AND @EATTHEGAINS ON INSTAGRAM
Whole30 Shrimp & Butternut Squash Noodles with Curry Peanut Sauce (Paleo)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 packages Cece's Noodle Co. Butternut Squash Noodles (or 8 cups butternut squash noodles/600 grams)
- 6 cups broccoli florets (about 1 large head/430 grams)
- 2 medium red bell peppers, julienned (365 grams)
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup Sunbutter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional toppings: lime wedges, cilantro, hot sauce
- Make the sauce. In a small bowl, combine the coconut aminos, sunbutter, curry paste, half of the garlic and ginger, lime juice, and salt and pepper and mix to combine. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan, add 1/2 tablespoon oil and let it get hot, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes, flipping once until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan. Add broccoli and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add peppers and cook 2-3 more minutes. Add butternut squash noodles, the rest of the garlic and ginger, and some salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add sauce and and shrimp and stir to combine until warmed through. Top with optional toppings and enjoy!
This post may contains affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!