Cinnamon Plantain Protein Pancakes are packed with healthy fats, protein, and carbs making them a perfect post-workout meal!
Happy Birthday to me!! Well not technically to me, but to Eat the Gains! It’s an extension of me, so kinda like me? Man that makes me sound like such a weirdo.
But today is officially 2 years since I have been contributing to my little space on the internet. And that kind of blows my mind.
I started ETG since I liked eating healthy, cooking, and working out, so much and just wanted to have a place to share my recipes and some workouts. The first few 8 months or so, it was definitely neglected. I would go weeks to months without posting anything. I honestly had no clue how hard blogging really was.
Creating recipes, taking pretty pictures of them, writing posts, promoting them…all of that takes a lot of time. Don’t get me wrong, it is so much fun, but a lot of hard work goes into it.
Anyways, what a better way to celebrate than pancakes! I was going to make some kind of brownies, but pancakes are just as fun (and baking isn’t my strong suit). Mikey and I have been on a pancake kick the past few weeks. It’s become a little bit of a tradition to make them after our Friday morning workout.
I obviously added protein since it is an important part of my diet, and eating protein (+ carbs) post workout is ideal for recovery. After a few tries I perfected the recipe and wanted to share it with you guys!
I try to eat protein from whole food first, but sometimes protein powder is just easier, especially after a workout or when you don’t have time to roast a chicken. That’s why I have been loving on Ka’Chava (use that link to save 15%!) lately. Not only is it a delicious tasting protein powder, it also packs over 70 superfoods and nutrients providing you with some omega 3s, greens, fiber, antioxidants, vitamin, and minerals.
I’m all about adding veggies and nutrients wherever possible. It’s also vegan, dairy free, soy free, gluten free, and has no preservatives. A lot of protein powders don’t sit well with me (aka I’m in the bathroom after..I know gross), but I have no problems with Ka’Chava!
I’m so in love with it, I became an ambassador! If you are looking to try it, use this link to save 15% off your first order. This post is not sponsored, but I just truly love the product!
More Protein Pancake Recipes:
Cinnamon Plantain Protein Pancakes
- 1 large brown plantain (150 grams)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 heaping scoops Ka'Chava Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt, to taste
- avocado oil, for greasing (coconut, ghee, or butter work too)
- optional toppings: butter, maple syrup, fresh fruit, cinnamon
- Add the plantain and almond milk to a Vitamix or blender and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the eggs. Add the blended plantain mixture and mix together. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spray with avocado oil to grease the pan. Once hot, using a 1/3 cup as a scoop, scoop mixture into the pan. You may need to spread it out a little/make it into a circle. Cook 2-3 minutes, flip, and cook for another minute. They won't bubble that much like regular pancakes, so just make sure to watch them so they don't burn.
- Top with toppings of choice.
Thanks so much Ka’Chava for sending me some product and helping make this post possible!
This post may contains affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!