A light and refreshing summer dish, this Asparagus Pasta with Creamy Lemon Feta Sauce is packed with protein, fiber, and is gluten free!
Hi from the east coast! I am back home for a week to celebrate with my friend at her bachelorette party and visiting my family for a few days! I am so excited to be back home! I haven’t seen my family since Christmas and it’s probably been a year and a half since I have seen my friend! That is the one downside of living halfway across the country.
I’ll be heading to the beach for the bachelorette party and then hanging at the beach with my family afterwards. It’s been almost a year (!!) since I’ve been to the beach so I’m so pumped to just hang out and relax with my family.
I shared this picture a couple months ago on Instagram and a lot of you asked for the recipe. Sometimes I am a little slow on things ha. But it’s fitting that I am sharing it now since one of the main ingredients was a staple in our diets growing up during the summer months. My dad worked in NJ and would bring home pounds and pounds of fresh asparagus (and tomatoes and blueberries). I’m talking like 10+ pounds. Even though it was so much, it was so fresh, you really couldn’t get tired of it.
We are usually ones to just sauté asparagus, but I wanted to take it up a notch. I paired it with some pasta and made a quick sauce with plain greek yogurt (I love siggi’s), lemon juice, and olive oil. You could also sub a dairy free yogurt or coconut cream if dairy isn’t you thing. I used Banza pasta – it’s made chickpeas and packs a lot of protein per serving. You can use whatever kind you like though. This recipe is only serves 1, but can easily be doubled or tripled!
If you make this recipe or anything from Eat the Gains, make sure to post it and tag me so I can see all of your creations!!
#eatthegains and @eatthegains on Instagram!
- 2 ounces uncooked pasta (I used Banza chickpea pasta)
- 1 heaping cup chopped asparagus (about 110 grams)
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt (I used siggi's 0%) or yogurt of choice
- 1 ounce crumbled feta
- ⅛ cup packed parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- optional toppings: lemon zest, olive oil, red pepper flakes, feta, parsley...
- Make the sauce. Add yogurt, feta, parsley, lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon olive oil to a small bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package.
- While the pasta cooks, make the asparagus. Heat a medium sized sauté pan over medium heat. Once hot add remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add asparagus and cook for 5 mins, stirring occasionally, until sightly soft but still has some crunch.
- When pasta is done, drain and rinse. Add to a bowl with asparagus and sauce and stir to combine. Top with more feta, parsley, and optional toppings if desired.
Thanks so much for Banza for providing me with some product and helping make this post possible!
This post may contains affiliate links and I may make little bit of money if you click on and purchase the products that are linked. It doesn’t cost you any extra money. The compensation helps with expenses to keep ETG up and running. I truly appreciate your support!