These blackberry lime margaritas spice up the classic margarita with fresh fruit and are made with only 3 ingredients!
My first alcoholic beverage on the blog! Yes this blog is mostly all about healthy eats and working out, but life is about balance and enjoying yourself. And I love a good margarita. I decided to make one sans the sugary mixes and just use all natural ingredients for a healthier cocktail. People have a love hate relationship with tequila. I am definitely a lover. A couple of these and I am feeling good. Too many and I am feeling it the next day ;p
Margaritas are really hit or miss for me. They are either made with a pre-made bottled tequila mix that is too sugary and sweet for my liking. Or they are made fresh with lime juice and high quality tequila and make me oh so happy. These blackberry lime margaritas are the latter. The only ingredients are fresh blackberries, lime juice, and tequila. Plus salt for the rim, but that doesn’t really count.
I used an organic 100% agave tequila that the guy at the liquor store recommended. It is excellent! The brand is IXA if anyone is wondering. All you need to do is muddle the blackberries with the lime juice and add the tequila. Boom. An easy and healthier mixed drink. If you don’t do alcohol, feel free to sub sparkling water.
Unfortunately for me, I can’t celebrate Cinco de Mayo with these since I am on a plane back east for my sister’s college graduation. But there will be plenty of celebrating this weekend consisting of excess food and drinks. Hope ya’ll have a happy Cinco de Mayo and maybe one too many tequila shots 🙂
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup blackberries
- 4 ounces tequila (more or less depending on how strong you want it)
- sea salt, for a salted rim
- jalapeño, for garnish, optional
- If you are going to salt the rim of the glass, do so now. Pour the sea salt in the bottom of a small bowl. Take a lime wedge, or water, and run it around the rim of the glass. Press the top of the glass into the bowl of salt. Tap the glass with your hand to knock off any excess.
- Place blackberries and lime juice in the bottom of a pitcher or wide glass. Muddle the blackberries with the lime juice. Add the tequila and stir to combine.
- Fill each glass with ice and pour in the margarita mix. Garnish with fresh lime and a slice of jalapeño.
Are you a tequila lover? If not, what is your drink of choice?