Beef Taco Casserole (Paleo/Whole30)
All of your taco favorites combined into one healthy and comforting beef taco casserole! Made with just 10 simple ingredients, this taco casserole recipe is great for a satisfying meal, meal prep, and is also paleo and Whole30 approved!
- 1 pound ground beef (I like 93/7 or leaner)
- 1 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced (185 grams/about 1/2 large)
- 2 large bell peppers, diced (400 grams/4 cups)
- 3 packed cups kale, roughly chopped (90 grams)
- 4 packed cups raw sweet potato noodles (300 grams)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (300 grams)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning (divided)
- 1 1/4 cup salsa, divided
- 1/2 cup mayo
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional toppings: avocado, cilantro, salsa, hot sauce...
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a large baking dish.
In a large sauté pan (it needs to be large), add beef and cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly browned. Add onion and 1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning and sauté for 2 more minutes. Add peppers, kale, remaining taco seasoning, and salt and pepper and sauté for 3-4 more minutes.
Turn off heat and mix in raw sweet potato noodles and cherry tomatoes. Transfer mixture to the baking dish, making sure to leave behind the grease (as much as possible).
In a small bowl, mix together 1 cup salsa and mayo. Pour over sweet potato and beef mixture, evenly distributing. Use a fork to make sure it is evenly spread throughout the casserole.
Top with the remaining 1/4 cup salsa, evenly distributing over the casserole, and bake for 35 minutes until firm and crispy on the top. Let rest for 5 minutes to firm up some more. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2.2g | Potassium: 958mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 10713IU | Vitamin C: 111mg | Calcium: 113mg | Iron: 3.3mg