Beef and Rice Stuffed Peppers (Paleo/Whole30)
These Beef & Rice Stuffed Peppers are stuffed with cauliflower rice and Mexican spices for an easy paleo and Whole30 approved dish.
Servings 5 servings
- 5 medium bell peppers (1000 grams)
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup diced onion (120 grams)
- 1 pound ground beef (I used 85/15)
- 1 jalapeño, diced (remove seeds for less spice)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3 cups cauliflower rice (300 grams)
- optional toppings: avocado, cilantro, diced tomatoes, green onions, salsa...
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Prep your peppers. Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove the stem. Place 9x11 inch pan (or similar size) with cut side up. You may need 2 pans depending on how big your pepeprs are.
Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add avocado oil and let it get hot, about 30 seconds. Add onions and cook until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add ground beef and break it up with the back of a large spoon. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add jalapeño, canned tomatoes, garlic, taco seasoning, and cauliflower rice and mix well. Cook for another 2-3 more minutes until beef is cooked through. Remove from heat.
Stuff halved peppers with beef mixture (I did about a heaping 1/2 cup in each). Make sure to get the juices in the pan as well as it will help keep the mixture from drying out. Cover pan with tin foil and cook 35-40 minutes until peppers are soften. Top with optional toppings and enjoy!
Serving: 2stuffed peppers | Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Potassium: 79mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 38IU | Vitamin C: 297mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 8mg