Fig Apple Cinnamon Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats
These Fig Apple Cinnamon Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats combine the flavors of fall to provide a hearty and nutritious breakfast that feels like a treat.
Servings 4 -6
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond coconut milk or milk of choice
- 2 small apples, diced (2 heaping cups/250 grams)
- 9-10 dried figs, roughly chopped (about 1 cup/140 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- coconut oil, for greasing
- optional toppings: apples, cinnamon, nuts, coconut, yogurt...
Grease the inside of your crockpot with coconut oil.
Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Turn on low and cook for 6-8 hours.
Once your oats are done cooking, mix until mixture becomes thick and well-combined. Add more almond milk if you want a thinner consistency.
Eat as is or top with toppings of choice. Enjoy!
Serving: 1/6 of recipe | Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 17g