Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal
Easy gingerbread baked oatmeal made with rolled oats and warming spices makes the perfect holiday baked oatmeal recipe. Made with only a handful of ingredients and in one bowl, it is great for breakfast, meal prep, a healthy snack, or even pre-workout!
Servings 9 bars
- 2 small-medium ripe bananas (should have some brown spots) (200 grams/3/4 cups mashed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsulphured blackstrap molasses (22 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats (200 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch of sea salt
- coconut oil, for greasing
- optional toppings: yogurt, honey, nut butter...
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8x8 baking dish with coconut oil and set aside.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mash bananas until smooth and barely any chunks remain. Add eggs, almond milk, molasses, and vanilla extract and whisk until well combined.
Add oats, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt and mix well to combine. The batter should be somewhat wet.
Pour into the greased baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes until firm and a toothpick comes out clean Let cool for 5 minutes and cut into 9 squares or bars. Enjoy!
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 23.1g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2.7g | Saturated Fat: 0.6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.9g | Cholesterol: 41.3mg | Potassium: 262mg | Fiber: 3.2g | Sugar: 4.5g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1.4mg