Whole30 Fish Taco Bowls
These paleo and Whole30 Fish Taco Bowls have all your favorite fish taco fixings - blackened fish, shredded cabbage, mango salsa, pickled onions, avocado, and chipotle mayo - all topped over cauliflower rice to make an easy, healthy, and gluten free taco bowl perfect for an easy meal or meal prep.
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (I used a mix of green and red) (200 grams)
- 2 filets mahi mahi (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup mango salsa
- 1/2 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons spicy chipotle mayo
- 1/2 large avocado (60 grams)
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced (100 grams)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- optional toppings: jalapeños, cilantro, lime wedges
Make the pickled onions. In a jar add onions, apple cider vinegar, water, and 1 teaspoon salt. Shake well and set aside.
Make the cauliflower rice. Heat a large skillet of medium-low heat and add 1 teaspoon oil. Add rice and cook for 4-5 mins. Mix in lime juice and cilantro and set aside.
Coat fish in taco seasoning, dividing evenly. Heat same pan to medium and add remaining oil. Add fish, cook for 3 mins, flip, and cook for another 2-3 mins depending on thickness.
Assemble the bowls. Divide cabbage, cauliflower rice, salsa, avocado, and chipotle mayo between two bowls. Top each bowl with a filet of fish and your favorite toppings - I did jalapeños, lime wedges, and cilantro. Enjoy!
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 22g | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 11g