Chocolate Beet Smoothie
Chocolate Beet Smoothie made with beets, greek yogurt, nut butter, and cacao. The combo of chocolate and beets packs vitamins, minerals, & antioxidants and is loaded with protein, healthy fats, and carbs and makes a perfect breakfast, snack, or natural pre-workout.
- 1/4-1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (depending on desired consistency)
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt (used Siggi's 0%)
- 1 cup diced cooked beets* (150 grams/2-3 small-medium)
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 heaping tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (optional)
- additional add-ins: chia seeds, frozen banana, avocado...
- optional toppings: granola, cacao nibs, cinnamon...
All all ingredients to a Vitamix or high powdered blender and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Top with toppings or drink as it.
*I used prepackaged cooked beets, but if you can't find any you can steam beets for about 45 minutes until tender. The skin should peel when they are warm. Let cool before using.
This smoothie is not super thick, so to make it thicker, add in one of the additional add ins!
Serving: 1smoothie | Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5.3g | Potassium: 638mg | Fiber: 9.1g | Sugar: 23.3g | Vitamin A: 340.5IU | Vitamin C: 54mg | Calcium: 493mg | Iron: 4.6mg