Sweet Potato and Asparagus Frittata
Easy sweet potato frittata with asparagus, artichokes, and goat cheese packs protein, carbs, and healthy fats. Perfect for balanced breakfast, brunch, or meal prep. Gluten-free, vegetarian, and paleo and Whole30 friendly.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil (divided)
- 2 medium sweet potato, cubed (about 1/2-1 inch pieces) (3 1/2 cups/430 grams)
- 2 cups roughly chopped asparagus (200 grams)
- 1 14-ounce can quartered artichokes hearts, drained
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 large eggs
- 3 ounces goat cheese (omit for paleo and Whole30)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional garnishes: avocado, fresh cilantro, hot sauce...
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Heat a large enameled cast iron, cast iron, or oven-safe pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and let it get hot, about 30 seconds. Add sweet potatoes with some salt and pepper and cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add remaining avocado oil and add asparagus, garlic powder, cumin, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Sauté for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is al dente. Add artichoke hearts to cast iron and stir to incorporate.
While the asparagus cooks, whisk the eggs with 2/3 of the goat cheese and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add egg mixture to the pan, making sure it distributes evenly. Sprinkle with remaining goat cheese.
Let cook for 2-3 minutes until bottom sets. Place in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until eggs are firm. Cut into 6 pieces and serve with avocado, cilantro, and hot sauce if desired. Enjoy!
Serving: 1/6 of recipe | Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5.7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6.9g | Potassium: 563mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 11118IU | Vitamin C: 3.8mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 4mg