Broccoli Fried Rice
Healthy Broccoli Fried Rice is made from riced broccoli instead of rice! One cup has 7 grams of protein and takes just 15 minutes to make! It makes a delicious low carb alternative that is gluten free, dairy free, and vegetarian friendly.
Servings 6 cups
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup diced red onion (100 grams)
- 2 medium carrots, diced (1 cup/100 grams)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 3 3/4-4 cups riced broccoli (I used a container of Cece's Noodle Co.)
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup frozen sweet yellow corn
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos (divided)
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (leave out if vegetarian)
- 8 medium mushrooms, sliced (120 grams)
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon hot sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional toppings: cilantro, green onion, sesame seeds...
In a large non stick sauté pan over medium heat, add avocado oil and let it get hot, about one minute. Add onion and carrots and cook for about 1 minute, stirring around. Add minced garlic and ginger and cook for another minute until fragrant.
Add riced broccoli, peas, corn, 2 tablespoons coconut amino, sesame oil, and fish sauce and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sliced mushrooms and cook for another minute.
Push ingredients to the side of the pan creating a hole in the middle of the pan. Add whisked eggs and scramble until cooked through. Mix into the veggie mixture. Add remaining 1 tablespoon coconut aminos, hot sauce, and lime juice and mix to combine until warmed through.
Top with optional toppings and enjoy!
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 5g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g