Curried Butternut Squash Soup
40 minutes make the most deliciously creamy curry soup! Curried Butternut Squash Soup is packed with veggies and is made in the Instant Pot, making it so easy to make. Perfect for an easy weeknight dinner, appetizer, or meal prep. Vegan, paleo, gluten and dairy free, and Whole30 approved!
Servings 9 cups
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion (1/3 of a large one/120 grams)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 5 heaping cups cubed butternut squash (1 medium/775 grams)
- 4 1/2 cups cauliflower florets (1 small head/525 grams)
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional toppings: coconut milk, coconut yogurt, jalapeno, cilantro, hot sauce, cashews...
Set Instant Pot to sauté mode. Add avocado oil, onion, and salt and pepper and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until somewhat softened. Add garlic and ginger, mix well, and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Add butternut squash and cauliflower and saute for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add vegetable broth, lite coconut milk, curry powder, curry paste, and salt and pepper and stir to incorporate. Make sure nothing is stuck on the bottom. Close lid, make sure vent is set to sealed, and set to manual mode on high pressure for 20 minutes.
When soup is done, release pressure manually or let it release naturally. Add 1 tablespoon lime juice. Take an immersion blender and blend until smooth. You can also transfer to a blender or food processor to blend. Top with optional toppings and enjoy!
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 2.8g | Saturated Fat: 1.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Potassium: 778mg | Fiber: 6.7g | Sugar: 7.1g