Paleo Supreme Pizza Meatballs
A healthy and low carb spin on pizza! These Paleo Supreme Pizza Meatballs have all the ingredients of supreme pizza in meatball form. They are packed with veggies, protein, and healthy fats, and are paleo, gluten and dairy free, and Whole30 approved!
Servings 24 meatballs
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1/3 cup diced red onion (35 grams)
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper (60 grams)
- 1 cup diced mushrooms (3 large/80 grams)
- 1/4 cup black olives, diced
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional for serving: zucchini noodles, pizza sauce, fresh herbs, red pepper flakes...
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a medim sauté pan over medium heat, add avocado oil and let it get hot, about 30 seconds. Add onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add pepper and sauté for another 1-2 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté for another minute until softened.
In a medium sized bowl, add sausage and veggie mixture. Add olives, pizza sauce, and spices and mix until combined. Using a tablespoon as a scoop, form into 1-1½ inch-sized balls (makes about 24 meatballs). Add to parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until cooked through.
Serve however you please - I served them over zucchini noodles with more pizza sauce and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Serving: 6meatballs | Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 24g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g