Healthy Turkey Taco Skillet
Turkey taco skillet combines your favorite aspects of tacos and packs it into a healthy turkey recipe. Loaded with rice, beans, peppers, tomatoes, and taco seasoning, it makes a delicious and hearty one pan meal ready in 30 minutes!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup diced onion (120 grams)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey (I used 93/7)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup RiceSelect Royal Blend
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium peppers, roughly chopped (3 cups/315 gram)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional toppings: avocado, cilantro, lime juice, greek yogurt/sour cream, hot sauce...
In a large cast iron or non stick skillet over medium heat, add oil and let it get hot, about 1 minute. Add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes until softened and browned. Add turkey, minced garlic, and salt and pepper and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
Add rice, tomatoes, black beans, peppers, taco seasoning, and salt and pepper and stir to combine. Pour in broth and carefully stir. Cover with a lid and let simmer for 10-15 minutes until liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked through.
Top with optional toppings or topping of choice and enjoy!
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 481kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2.5g | Potassium: 45mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 9.5g | Vitamin A: 1650IU | Vitamin C: 102.3mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 5mg