Beef Taco Casserole (Paleo/Whole30)
All of your taco favorites combined into one healthy and comforting beef taco casserole! Great for a satisfying meal, meal prep, and paleo and Whole30 approved!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Resting Time 5 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups/175 grams)
- 2 large bell peppers, diced (4 cups/500 grams)
- 3 packed cups kale, roughly chopped (90 grams)
- 1 package Cece's Noodle Co. Sweet Potato Noodles (or 4 cups raw sweet potato noodles/300 grams)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (300 grams)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons taco seasoning, divided
- 1 1/4 cup salsa, divided
- 1/2 cup mayo
- optional toppings: avocado, cilantro, salsa, hot sauce...
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a large baking dish.
In a large sauté pan, add beef and cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly browned. Add onion and 1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning and sauté for 2 more minutes. Add peppers, kale, remaining taco seasoning, and salt and pepper and sauté for 2-3 more minutes. Turn off heat and mix in raw sweet potato noodles and cherry tomatoes. Transfer mixture to the baking dish, leaving behind the grease.
In a small bowl, mix together 1 cup salsa and mayo. Pour over sweet potato and beef mixture, evenly distributing. Use a fork to make sure it is evenly spread throughout the casserole. Top with more salsa if desired and bake for 35 minutes until firm and crispy on the top. Let rest for 5 minutes to firm up some more. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Potassium: 754mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2400IU | Vitamin C: 162.5mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 2.5mg