Cinnamon Plantain Protein Pancakes
These Cinnamon Plantain Protein Pancakes are packed with healthy fats, protein, and carbs making them a perfect post-workout meal!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 6 pancakes
- 1 large brown plantain (150 grams)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 heaping scoops Ka'Chava Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt, to taste
- avocado oil, for greasing (coconut, ghee, or butter work too)
- optional toppings: butter, maple syrup, fresh fruit, cinnamon
Add the plantain and almond milk to a Vitamix or blender and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
In a medium sized bowl, beat the eggs. Add the blended plantain mixture and mix together. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spray with avocado oil to grease the pan. Once hot, using a 1/3 cup as a scoop, scoop mixture into the pan. You may need to spread it out a little/make it into a circle. Cook 2-3 minutes, flip, and cook for another minute. They won't bubble that much like regular pancakes, so just make sure to watch them so they don't burn.
Top with toppings of choice.
Serving: 3pancakes | Calories: 307kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 10g | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 16g