Chicken Burrito Bowl (Paleo/Whole30)
Paleo and Whole30 Chicken Burrito Bowl make for a fresh, inexpensive, and healthy dish for an easy meal or meal prep. Loaded with shredded chicken, fajita veggies, cilantro lime cauliflower rice, lettuce, tomatoes, and a guacamole. Makes 5 servings, ready in under an hour, perfect for lunch or dinner!
Servings 5 bowls
Chicken Burrito Bowl
- 5 cups shredded chicken 500 grams/18 ounces)
- 2 large head romaine, chopped (550 grams)
- 2 large tomatoes, diced (225 grams)
- lime wedges and chopped cilantro for serving
- 5 bell peppers, sliced (800 grams)
- 1 large onion, sliced (300 grams)
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced (13 mushrooms/250 grams)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 5 cups riced cauliflower (500 grams)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 small avocados, deseeded (200 grams)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons packed cilantro, roughly chopped
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
If needed make the shredded chicken. You can also use any kind of leftover chicken or store bought rotisserie chicken.
Make the fajita veggies. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Add sliced peppers, onion, and mushrooms in a large bowl. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil and taco seasoning and mix until veggies are coated. Spread out on baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes until soft.
While veggies have about 10-15 minutes left, make cauliflower rice. In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon avocado oil and let it get hot, about 30 seconds. Add rice and garlic powder and cook for 7-10 minutes until soft and cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tablespoon lime juice and chopped cilantro.
Make guacamole. In a small bowl add avocados, 1 tablespoon lime juice, cilantro, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Mash until combined.*
Assemble bowls. Divided lettuce, diced tomatoes, fajita veggies, and cauliflower rice between 5 bowls or meal prep containers. Top with each bowl 3/4 cup shredded chicken. Serve with guacamole, cilantro, and a lime wedge. Can keep in the fridge for up to a week.
*guacamole might brown after a few days. You can skip this step and add freshly sliced avocado before eating if you prefer.
**if you want to heat up the chicken, veggies, and rice, keep those separate. Heat them up and then add over top lettuce. See meal prep section in post for more tips on how to meal prep these bowls!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 441kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Potassium: 1506mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 58IU | Vitamin C: 250mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 14mg