Sweet Potato & Asparagus Frittata with Artichokes & Goat Cheese
This one pan Sweet Potato & Asparagus Frittata with Artichokes & Goat Cheese packs protein, carbs, and healthy fats. Perfect for brunch, meal prep, or a balanced post-workout meal. Gluten free, vegetarian, and paleo and Whole30 friendly.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed (4 cups/530 grams)
- 1 bunch asparagus, roughly chopped (3 cups/340 grams)
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichokes hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder, divided
- 12 large eggs
- 3 ounces goat cheese (omit for paleo and Whole30)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional garnishes: avocado, fresh cilantro, hot sauce...
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Add 1 tablespoon avocado oil to a large cast iron skillet, or oven safe dish, and heat over medium heat. Once pan is hot, add sweet potatoes and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add remaining avocado oil and add asparagus, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Sauté for 6-7 minutes until asparagus are al dente. Add artichoke hearts to cast iron and stir to incorporate.
While the asparagus cooks, whisk the eggs and remaining garlic powder and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add egg mixture, making sure it distributes evenly. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
Let cook for 2-3 minutes until bottom sets. Place in oven and cook for 18-20 minutes until eggs are firm. Cut into 8 pieces and serve with avocado, cilantro, and hot sauce if desired. Enjoy!
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 12g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g