Salmon Poke Bowl
Salmon Poke Bowl filled with fresh salmon, rice, veggies, mango, avocado, and your favorite sushi additions, topped with a spicy mayo. These Hawaiian poke bowls are fresh and bright, loaded with protein, carbs, and healthy fats, and make a quick and easy light meal customizable to your liking. A taste of Hawaii in your own house!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 2 bowls
- 2 cups cooked jasmine white rice (about 1 cup dry, but I always make more for leftovers)
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers (125 grams)
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6-8 ounces raw sashimi grade salmon
- 1 cup diced mango (140 grams)
- 1/2 small-medium avocado, sliced (55 grams)
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 1 small jalapeno, sliced
- 2 tablespoons spicy chipotle mayo
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger
- 1 sheet nori (cut into squares)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- for topping: chopped green onion, cilantro, sesame seeds, coconut aminos...
Make the rice according to the package.
While the rice cooks, prep the rest of your ingredients. Add the sliced cucumbers to a medium bowl and mix with coconut aminos, sesame oil, and salt and pepper. Set aside. Cube the salmon and mango and slice the avocado, radishes, jalapeno, and green onions. Make mayo according to the directions and set aside.
When rice is done, assemble the bowls by dividng the rice, salmon, cucumbers, mango, avocado, radishes, jalapeno, green onions, pickled ginger, nori, and spicy mayo. Top with sesame seeds and cilantro. I also like to pour the leftover cucumber marinade and a little coconut aminos over the bowls. Enjoy!
You can prep the spicy mayo a few days in advance and store it in the fridge until ready to use. It goes great on so many things!
I got my sushi grade salmon from Whole Foods - a local fish market might have it too. Call ahead to double check
Serving: 1bowl (4 ounces salmon and 1 tablespoon mayo) | Calories: 646kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Potassium: 410mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 18IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 12mg