Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice
Cauliflower Shrimp Fried Rice takes one of you favorite take-out meals, and puts a healthy spin on it! Made with low carb cauliflower rice, loaded with veggies, and packed with protein from shrimp. Ready in 25 minutes and paleo and Whole30 approved.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil (divided)
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup diced onions (120 grams)
- 1 cup diced carrots (2 medium carrots/130 grams)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cups broccoli florets (240 grams)
- 6 cups cauliflower rice (600 grams)
- 1 heaping cup mushrooms, sliced (about 7 mushrooms/95 grams)
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos (divided)
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional toppings: chopped green onions, seseame seeds...
In a large wok over low heat, add 1/2 tablespoon oil and let it get hot, about 30 seconds. Add the eggs and stir constantly until scrambled, about 1-2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Turn up heat to medium-low and add 1/2 tablespoon more oil and add shrimp and salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through and pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add remaining oil and add onions, carrots, ginger, garlic and salt and pepper and sauté for 1-2 minutes until softened. Add broccoli and sauté for another 2-3 minutes. Add cauliflower rice, 2 tablespoons of the coconut aminos, sesame oil, fish sauce, and red pepper flakes, cover with a lid, and sauté 3 more minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for another minute.
Add in the shrimps, eggs, remaining coconut aminos, lime juice, and salt and pepper. Stir until combined and warmed through. Top with green onions and sesame seeds and enjoy!
Serving: 1/3 of recipe | Calories: 437kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Potassium: 1064mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 8750IU | Vitamin C: 207.9mg | Calcium: 600mg | Iron: 2.9mg